Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Horrible and Terrible Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, Tesla forgot to paint and clear coat mine! It's going to body shop for that this coming Monday! Tesla Team is here to fix the Latch on the driver door right now.
Your photo looks like some putty was added on top of the paint. It may have been painted correctly, but Tesla may have decided to hide the seam. It would be interesting to see photos of other recent white vehicle FWD sills.

Congratulations on the newest delivery! Enjoy your Model X with baby on board!

Last edited:
Your photo looks like some putty was added on top of the paint. It may have been painted correctly, but Tesla may have decided to hide the seam. It would be interesting to see photos of other recent white vehicle FWD sills.

Congratulations on the newest delivery! Enjoy your Model X with baby on board!

Thanks mark. Tesla will take the car into an authorized tesla body shop to fix the paint and scratch issue. I will take pic after the fixes.

Reactions: Waldek
Mark, can you make a quick video?
Better yet, let me explain that I tried it today so I could respond faster.

The key is placed into the front door latch slot at the wider side and then drawn through the slot to the far side (toward the outside of the door) until the second click is heard. The window glass will rise.

To lower the glass and close the door, press the Model X door button and the window will drop a short distance and the door will close.

The above procedure could be used to clean the inside bottom of the window glass while the door is open or IMO, reset a door that is no longer operating electrically.

Reactions: madodel
sorry to hear about the troubles with your MX. Have you managed to figure out fixes or leaving it for the SC to figure out? I took delivery today at the factory and the only problem was that the rear liftgate needs adjusting. Otherwise its much much better than I had feared after hearing some stories on here. The drive was much quieter than my MS, most of the noise being road noise as wind noise was non existent.

Update:
Car left driver side hydraulic hook or whatever it is called broke off, this cause two problems:
1. Left door is entirely powerless, no force is needed to open or close (Just like any other car door now), auto presenting door, break to close door, pull lever to auto close the door, all disabled. This problem also made the entire car go crazy, rear mirrors one folds in and one does not when locking, center console black out when close the door. Passenger door when press the door button, only close half way, press again to completely close the door.
2. A metal piece shaped like a nipple came protruding out, maybe cause by the disjointed hydraulic joint hitting the metal, causing the metal to bend outward. Very visible to see from the outside.

My model x has officially entered into service center to fix following issues:
1. Broken off hydraulic on driver side
2. replace latch on both doors
3. check why the disjointed hydraulic on the driver side caused the car to go crazy
4. Fix the paint, scratch issues on both the bottom panel below the falcon wing doors
5. Searching for more scratches, dings, dents, or protruding metals anywhere on the car
6. Do alignment on the wheels and staring wheels.
7. Fix protruding rubber that was too long, causing it to rub against the painting of the falcon door.
8, Auto pilot occasionally driving on the lane instead of between the lane, shakes left and right before it finally become stable.
8. Do a 100% extremely detailed inspection on every part of the car.
9. Double check making sure there are no more problems with the car.

I also got a rental Model S 60 kw for now. Will update once the car is back. The condition of my car is very close to be a lemon or maybe it is a lemon. I am been extremely nice and patient about it. My new born just arrived so i don't want to give her any negative energy even though my X is in a huge mess, possible the worst X ever made. Willing to give Tesla a third chance to fix all the problems with my car.

Here is my newborn, hopefully she can bring me some luck as well : )

Attachments

• IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 286
ModelXBoy,
Congrats on the human baby.
I feel for you. I think you have had enough on the car. Are you aware of the Lemon law in CA?
Oh, the doors on my 1996 car still work fine. God knows how long the funky doors on X will work, if they are falling apart within a day.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
@ModelXBoy congrats on the new born so cute!

Here is from the Califronia gov website it looks like they have 30 days to fix before it becomes a lemon.

The “Lemon Law”:
A special provision, often called the "Lemon Law," helps determine what is a reasonable number of repair attempts for problems that substantially impair the use, value, or safety of the vehicle. The "Lemon Law" applies to these problems if they arise during the first 18 months after the consumer received delivery of the vehicle or within the first 18,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. During the first 18 months or 18,000 miles, the "Lemon Law" presumes that a manufacturer has had a reasonable number of attempts to repair the vehicle if either (1) the same problem results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven and the problem has been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer or its agents, and the buyer or lessee has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (2) the same problem has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents and the buyer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (3) the vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle.

Good grief, what a saga! I sure hope they build you a fresh Model X for your troubles.

I haven't progressed to a point in life where I could afford such a car, but the photos you provided would make me reject something as pedestrian as a Hyundai Elantra from a dealer delivery. I think I might even pass on an inexpensive used car if I opened a door and saw unfinished putty somewhere.

Congrats on the beautiful baby; I'm glad you have something truly important to focus on while Tesla cleans up the mess they made for you.

Reactions: ohmman