Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Horrible and Terrible Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the new addition to the family (your daughter, I mean) and I know Tesla will make it right (though it may take some time). Feel for you man with all of the issues. Appreciate your calm and reasoned behavior through all of this craziness.

Get some sleep!!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. The baby is now back in the house as I am taking all my time taking care of her. In Regarding to the Model X, Service Center is ordering parts for the doors and latches to fix the car. There still no information on how soon the car will be fixed. Here is my suggestions to all Model X owners:

1. Please double check door latches and hydraulics, test opening and closing automatically, test how doors will react when part very close to the car next to you (almost mirror to mirror close). Pull the door fully manually to test the hydraulics.
2. Latches and hydraulics should be the same parts to all early model X buyers, they could not possibly just affect few people since it's using the same parts, following same procedure, building at the same time.

At last, if your Model X is perfect, that is awesome news for you. With new parts Tesla should be able to fix later Model Xs. But for many of us who have problems when taking the early delivery, it's problems need to be fixed asap, don't wait on it. As simple as a door issue can get you stranded on the street or worst on your next road trip. Safety is number one priority!

ModelXBoy

Thank you everyone for the kind words. The baby is now back in the house as I am taking all my time taking care of her. In Regarding to the Model X, Service Center is ordering parts for the doors and latches to fix the car. There still no information on how soon the car will be fixed. Here is my suggestions to all Model X owners:

1. Please double check door latches and hydraulics, test opening and closing automatically, test how doors will react when part very close to the car next to you (almost mirror to mirror close). Pull the door fully manually to test the hydraulics.
2. Latches and hydraulics should be the same parts to all early model X buyers, they could not possibly just affect few people since it's using the same parts, following same procedure, building at the same time.

At last, if your Model X is perfect, that is awesome news for you. With new parts Tesla should be able to fix later Model Xs. But for many of us who have problems when taking the early delivery, it's problems need to be fixed asap, don't wait on it. As simple as a door issue can get you stranded on the street or worst on your next road trip. Safety is number one priority!

ModelXBoy

hey modelxboy, just wondering if Tesla ever fixed your X to your satisfaction?

Looks like he hasn't been on this website in over a year. I would guess that he has moved on from Tesla.

His last post about his X was glowingly positive

The new X is pretty much flawless. Having wind noise problem but according to Tesla it is normal. So everything else is excellent. Nothing is perfect. Love the car.
If you see a red shiny X with P90D with black 22 wheel, it's most likely me. I drove around Irvine quite often. : )

with a tagline that's positive as well

Proud owner of Tesla Model X P90DL! Future owner of Tesla Model 3!

I doubt he moved on from Tesla, I'm thinking he just isn't a forum regular. I expect he'll be back when he takes delivery of his Model 3.

In this thread he says he got rid of the white model X to get a red one. ModelXBoy V2 Iron Man Edition - Finally Received! Red Hot!

A fresh new start, starts now!

Improvement over my original X:
1. Alignments are much better (Better seals)
2. both front and FWDs can be opened now with confidence, doors open and shut very smooth.
3. paint job has much improved
4. Interior stitchings are much cleaner
5. Overall quality has improved drastically

The white X was bought back by Tesla in exchange of the Red. Earlier X has build quality issues and those issues are getting fixed for later batches. Again still some minors bugs here and there but it's in my comfort zone now.

Bolding mine, not his. I think that answers the question if he got the white one fixed.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ohmman