Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotwheels Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a couple new Teslas this week.

63c7f38d7c317237a39b652b00a83eee.jpg

What's the best retail location to find these? I called all my local stores a month ago and none of them seemed to have it.

The Hot Wheels version is easy to find. I've looked in 4-5 stores around NYC and that one always seems to be in stock. Even at $1.09 I didn't want the stylized version.

On the other hand the 1:18 Model S from the Tesla site was worth every one of its 21,000 pennies. It's awesome and pretty much everyone who stopped in my office today made compliments. My CEO had so many questions I think he's almost ready to ditch his Jag and order a P90D.

I'm embarrassed to say how much time I've spent looking through through Matchbox racks in a fruitless effort to find the red one. Finally broke down & bought a couple from a Buy It Now listing on eBay last Saturday. Think it was $9.49 each plus a couple/three bucks for shipping.

Anyone seen a good 1/16 scale version yet? I'm on a long journey of trying to accumulate all my past vehicles in 1/16 scale... :)

What an interesting idea. I wonder where I could get a 1/16 scale model '49 Nash? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bribe an employee. "Call me when one comes in and there's $10 in it for you."

- - - Updated - - -

And there's always this.

I get a kick out Internetz Deutsch "Klicken Sie auf ein Bild" :)

Three more trips to local stores and still nothing :crying:

Might have to give in an eBay

UPDATE:
I folded like a lawn chair and ordered on eBay. Got a Buy It Now one for $5 shipped. :biggrin: Why am I so happy over getting a Tesla toy? :redface:

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me: I searched a Target store, came up empty, so ordered a lot of 8 of them off eBay. With shipping it came to only $2.75 each. :biggrin: I've been handing them out to all the children of friends that want to see my car.

I'll sheepishly admit to the lost time searching Target and Walmart too. Neither has a large display of Matchbox (which is the one I'm after) so it's seeming to be a fool's errand. I don't know what shop would have a large Matchbox section to dig through?

So far all Walmart and Target stores I've visited had a tiny Matchbox section. The Toys R Us near me had the biggest selection for Matchbox.

What's the difference between the hot wheels short card vs the normal packaging? I've never seen a short card one at the stores near me.

The hot wheels paint jobs for the Tesla isn't all that appealing to me. Matchbox is way better but the retailers carrying matchbox cars have tiny selections in the stores. I'd buy so many of them if they were in stock for the normal price.

What's the difference between the hot wheels short card vs the normal packaging? I've never seen a short card one at the stores near me.

The hot wheels paint jobs for the Tesla isn't all that appealing to me. Matchbox is way better but the retailers carrying matchbox cars have tiny selections in the stores. I'd buy so many of them if they were in stock for the normal price.

Afaik, the short cards are used in Europe, while the long ones are for the US market (probably to fit all the warnings and disclaimers on the back of the card :tongue: ) But I'm not a Hotwheels collector / expert, so maybe there is a completely different explanation.

Btw, I also saw the red version on long cards, and the silver version on short cards.

Last edited: