Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can you turn off the wipers on a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today with the snow and ice the auto wipers constantly wiping was making a mess of the windshield.

There are 3 other settings beyond auto but not off. In today’s situation I would have really liked the option to turn the wipers Off. I couldn’t find a setting to turn them off. Am I missing something?. Or is this something we need in a future release. As it made the windshield build up ice when it was fine without wiping. Help......

I agree that the interface for the wipers sucks. Love nearly everything about the 3, but give me wiper and full headlight controls on the damn stalk, please.

the design intent was both would just be set to auto and never touched again.... this works extremely well for the headlights- not so great for the wipers (though a lot better than a year ago)

If they'd bothered to spend $2 on a rain sensor for the car the wipers would've been fine that way too.. (my Lexus I had previous to the Tesla was set to auto at delivery and only time it ever was changed in 11 years of ownership was during car washes)