Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How common is a unexpected reboot of the touchscreen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting mine in 2 weeks (9/15/2016) and starting to wonder why I'm buying this car ...?
After your first drive in the car you won't be wondering anymore!

Keep in mind that forums like this draw the concerns up to the top. Most people that own these cars have no complaints and don't post anything. If any issues do come up with your vehicle, I have complete faith in the service center to address them quickly as they have for me.

Reactions: NikeWings
I'm getting mine in 2 weeks (9/15/2016) and starting to wonder why I'm buying this car ...?

because you dig being a 'test subject' ?

really.. here are the reasons I bought my TESLA...

no more toxic gasoline or it's fumes... no more supporting foreign outfits that spill oil in our waters and on our lands that don't clean it up 100%.. no more supporting oil traders and speculators...no more supporting fracking water and oil refinery pollution.... fill up at home hopefully off solar power (like me) or renewable energy... you think it's a really RAD vehicle and will do anything (including selling your soul if necessary .. ok.. maybe a kidney) to drive one...

don't buy because :: you want to save the world..(it's been here for a billion years and is going nowhere.. the humans on the other hand....) You think you will save money.. (you won't save a cent, it will cost loads of cash)... you want to be envied and make folk jealous (lots of less costly ways to do that)... You want to support EV's (less costly ways to do that too)... You like Elon Musk ( Buy a TESLA T shirt or stock then ) your neighbor bought one and you want to keep up... (hehehehe.. the joke maybe on you here.. he may be just leasing like I am!!) You like TESLA people and want to be part of the club (I wouldn't want to be in any club that would accept me as a member, that's why i work so hard to be the 'outs' here!!)

Last edited:
I picked up MX three weeks ago and in the second week, my big center screen died three times in two days. I had to soft restart. Many times MX goes into sleep mode requiring longer time for battery to wake up, even driving within four hours of driving gap.

In eight months and 11,000 miles my X has done this only once, and that was long ago. I suggest an appointment with the Service Center.

As an interim step, the next time it happens hold down the right upper button and say "bug report (and then a brief description)". Then call the ownership support phone number and direct them to deliver the logs to your service center for review. Call the service center and get a commitment from the manager for you to be contacted after the logs are reviewed.

This will save delay involved in making an appointment and taking up an appointment slot when one may not be necessary.