TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do I keep the doors unlocked?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by 2krazykats, May 26, 2016.

1. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

Is it possible to keep the doors unlocked w/o having it auto-lock? I have tried various options and combinations on the control panel but it seems to auto-lock when the fob is not within its perimeter of detection. It's really annoying to have to bring the fob with you each time you want to get into the car even if it's your own home.

2. Vrrooom

Vrrooom Member

What about leaving the fob in the car?

3. hiroshiy

hiroshiy Active Member

You can turn off auto lock. Is that what you wanted? If you leave the fob in the car, fob battery will run fast.

4. scottm

scottm Active Member

#4 scottm, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Yes. You park, get out, press twice on the top (roof) of the fob. And then you can put your fob in the house away from the garage area.

Car stays unlocked all day. Handles will retract, but anytime thereafter you go to the garage and just touch handle and it pops out and you're in. Don't need the fob.

If you decide to charge (plug in) in this mode, the charge ring will stay lit green, instead of going dark. And the instrument cluster will remain lit showing charge status.. instead of going dark. So you can glance in through the window to see how it's doing rather than having to use the App.

• Like x 1
  5. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Also unlock from phone.

6. Beryl

Beryl Member

You park, get out, close all of the doors, press twice......

7. David29

David29 Member

Not a good idea for other reasons, too. Such as, forgetting it is there and potentially walking away from car when parked at a store, mall, etc. Several thereads in which various problems arose in part because of the key being inside the car...

8. jlucero

jlucero Member

also is it possible to have doors unlocked while driving at slow speeds? mine deals with carpool concerns when someone opens my door to let my kids out. pain to come to a complete stop before the helper can open the door...

9. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

Thanks for the double-click on the top of the fob suggestion, everyone. I'll try it and see what happens. It'll be a pain to have to remember every time but I should be able to get into the habit.

I wouldn't leave the fob in the car for various reasons although I have left it in there on accident a couple of times.

10. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

If it is just for a short time and you don't mind the A/C running, just close the door to the first click.