Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you update the wheels displayed in the car and app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this your biggest problem? :rolleyes:

Yes, I lead a blessed life.
So sounds like people have gotten the graphic changed by talking to their SC, good to know it’s possible to be changed.

But once I do my 'convertible' top conversion, slam it, and add 24" bling bling wheels, I want the display to reflect this correctly...

I suppose when I eventually get around to doing this conversion I can just tape a picture of my bitch’n car over the center display as a constant reminder of how bad ass my car looks.

Yes, I lead a blessed life.
So sounds like people have gotten the graphic changed by talking to their SC, good to know it’s possible to be changed.

I suppose when I eventually get around to doing this conversion I can just tape a picture of my bitch’n car over the center display as a constant reminder of how bad ass my car looks.

They'll only change it to a different TESLA product (i.e. you move from Aeros to 20s), just trying to help you know what to expect. (they're not gonna match your vinyl wrap, tint, chrome delete, lowering springs, etc etc etc)

They'll only change it to a different TESLA product (i.e. you move from Aeros to 20s), just trying to help you know what to expect. (they're not gonna match your vinyl wrap, tint, chrome delete, lowering springs, etc etc etc)
Am I misremembering that the old MCU was hacked to the point that a way was figured out to specify an RGB colour for the vehicle? But the MCU 2.0 that's used in the Model 3 hasn't been rooted yet, right?

Am I misremembering that the old MCU was hacked to the point that a way was figured out to specify an RGB colour for the vehicle? But the MCU 2.0 that's used in the Model 3 hasn't been rooted yet, right?

Well, yea, the old one could be hacked. But wasn't it the guy who basically hacked the whole car anyway? He had a Yellow S, IIRC.

I don't think I've heard of a 3 being hacked yet.

Well, yea, the old one could be hacked. But wasn't it the guy who basically hacked the whole car anyway? He had a Yellow S, IIRC.
That sounds like my memory. It required root access.

I'm a little surprised nobody has gotten to root in the MCU2, yet. Not as much in the Model 3, as it lacks a web browser (a typical source of required vulnerably) but AFAIK nobody [that's talking] has gotten in on the Model S/X. I guess it's only been 4 months or so on the S/X, Tesla seems serious about keeping it fairly tight for security reasons.

Last edited:

Sorry, I had assumed most of my post would be taken with a grain of salt when I started saying things like chrome delete and vinyl wrap ;-) I was joking.

I am curious though... i wonder if they could mix and match OEM Tesla Product images. For instance, Black Model S Aero wheels on a Model 3