Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take from ordering to actually having a delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update - yeah, I've been logging in twice a day.:
What's Next?
Your Tesla is in production

Woo hoo! Ordered on the 19th, confirmed on the 19th. It's in production on the 3rd. It's going to be a white car Christmas I hope. Can't wait!

Mine updated last night to in production. Confirmed 11/21. Still says late December-January though.

Reactions: Yinn
Mine updated last night to in production. Confirmed 11/21. Still says late December-January though.

Yeah, mine still has the same delivery window. Hopefully this means the DS has a more accurate view as he predicted production starting right about now.

Looks like you made the end of year deliveries even though 11/21 is a day past the "cutoff" they told me for end of year.

Looks like you made the end of year deliveries even though 11/21 is a day past thie "cutoff" they told me for end of year.

OBX might have longer transit time. I think the rail and ends in NJ, then trucks to surrounding areas. 11/21 in NJ was "well before the cutoff".

Looks like ours are right in line with each other, I got mine on the same day. I've been following the region and it seems we are about 3 days behind TessyGirl, she has an expected delivery of 12/26. Ours will probably show a general timeline until it gets out of production (I'm guestimating Tuesday 12/6) and the three of us will hopefully be on the same train.

Received mine today. 32 days from order to delivery. I'm planning a photoshoot and will get some nice ones. These are just in the parking lot with my cell phone.
IMG_20161206_125705.jpg
IMG_20161206_125716.jpg
IMG_20161206_125728.jpg

Congrats to SteveHo... I love it!!!
I'm hoping that I can emulate your 32 day turnaround time!

Double congratulations to Sdorn. I'm extremely excited for you especially since it's been a very long and frustrating journey for you. Happy trails

Received mine today. 32 days from order to delivery. I'm planning a photoshoot and will get some nice ones. These are just in the parking lot with my cell phone. View attachment 204805 View attachment 204806 View attachment 204807

Looks great! You didn't happen to see an obsidan black with 21" grey rims in the lot while you were there, did you? :D :D

Who was your DS? I can't get mine to respond to an email to save my life :( I'm jealous of everyone else getting phone calls from theirs. I was hoping to have a delivery date figured out by now, it's been in transit for 4 days. Hopefully getting close!

@PatrickB I didn't take a look at the other cars on the lot. Sorry! There were lots of new cars there however. Plus today must have been 6 or 8 still wrapped new cars.

But I did end up bringing mine back in today and left it there over the weekend. They gave me a P85 as a loaner for the weekend. That's good as I have about 4 appointments to go on over the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickB and e-FTW