Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many have had the "7 O'clock Stalker"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. I regularly have cars coming up behind and to the left going significantly faster than me only to slow down and match my speed at the 7 o'clock position for a bit before accelerating past me. It is actually kinda annoying because they usually sit in my blind spot doing this.

I find the rear view camera useful for monitoring them if they persist in staying in my blind spot. I really find it almost amusing when I'm doing 5-8 (sometimes 10) over the limit on the interstate and somebody faster comes up behind me but does not immediately pass me after I move over.

Last edited:
Don't have my car yet (6/30) but I'll confess to having done this. It was a silver one on I-75 near Tampa a few months ago. But at least I was courteous enough to leave an extra lane between us so I wasn't in the blind spot. You all know the car is just too beautiful not to pause and admire it! :D

All the time. And it's often dangerous for everyone around :-( (accidental lane departure and whatnot).
And really annoying to the people behind them (plenty of people going 10-15 faster than me to my left only to jam on the brakes to check me out - oblivious to the people behind them).
Oh well. I still notice it but I also tune it out a lot. My passengers will comment about someone noticing the car and half the time I wasn't aware. Or maybe I'm just paying attention to the road lol.

Guilty as charged! I'm sure I confused the two Model S's drivers heading the opposite way with my wave and thumbs up. See, I was driving the pickup on the way to Home Depot. :smile:

I get it nearly every day at every hour...3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock, etc...

Very noticible as a result of the car and not something else, since I used to drive a 2000 Saturn SL1 and it NEVER happened then (er...obviously).

I actually got this kind of reaction in the early days with my SL1. But that was in late 1990, when they were rarer around here than Tesla's.

It happens all the time since Teslas are not very prevalent in my neck of the woods. Driving on the highway, surface streets, neighborhoods...doesn't matter at LEAST twice a week someone asks me what it is while driving or at a light. Now that folks are more familiar with Tesla the most popular question is "how long can you go before charging?" Which sucks because it's a loaded question that is phrased all wrong.

Trying to explain that they are thinking about it incorrectly and you plug it in every night and have a full charge every morning in 60 secs can be difficult.

I hadn't really noticed this behaviour before, but after reading this thread, I noticed on my drive home from work;

I was driving in the middle lane of a 3-lane highway, caught up with a large black SUV thing,
Signaled, changed to left lane (all nice and safe) continued past BSUV,
Returned to middle lane (so far all is normal, right?)
Seconds later, I see in the rear view mirror, same BSUV is approaching ... FAST!
BSUV changes to left lane and disappears into blind spot, stays there for maybe 1/2 minute before accelerating past me.

Be sure you add to the bottom "It's made by Tesla. No, not GM or Ford or Chrysler. Tesla."

This is always a fun conversation in the style of "who's on first?"

Random person: what kind of car is that?
Me: It's a Tesla
RP: I mean, who makes it?
Me: Tesla
RP: Yah, but which company actually builds the car?

and so on.