Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are electric cars only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious how many people are going all electric? I sold my only ICE vehicle I had today, As we wait for our M3 (still waiting for my VIN unfortunately). I have my 2013 MS and the wife is going to have the M3. Looking to see how it is going for those that have done the same. I can't imagine I am the only one.

• Love
Reactions: suwaneedad
Just curious how many people are going all electric? I sold my only ICE vehicle I had today, As we wait for our M3 (still waiting for my VIN unfortunately). I have my 2013 MS and the wife is going to have the M3. Looking to see how it is going for those that have done the same. I can't imagine I am the only one.

You are not alone. Sold the last ICE cars last year after not using them for over a year.

Only one car. Our lovely Model S. Have public transportation for when our schedule doesn’t line up (10% of the time maybe).

If we bought another car, it would definitely be another EV. Heck, it might likely be another (probably used) Tesla.;)

We sold our last full time ICE (a Prius) over a year ago to leave us with an X, an S, a LEAF and an i3rex.
We returned the i3rex 6 months ago to leave us pure electric.
We are temporarily back up to 4 cars with another X but our other X will hopefully sell soon.

• Love
Reactions: GarrickS
For all practical purposes yes. 99% of the time I'm electric only. I do still have an antique Mercedes I picked up at the factory in Germany in the early 70s. My mechanic (who recently bought an S) suggests I drive it twice a month. So I take it around the neighborhood and then back in the garage about that often.

My family is getting there. 3/5 of us drive electric. My brother owns a gas car but doesn’t actually drive so that barely counts. My mom drives a Honda Odyssey and we would like to get a Model X for her but it’s too expensive at the moment. Maybe a Model Y in the future.

Working on it. I’m driving a Fiat 500e and my husband is driving a Cadillac ELR that covers the vast majority of his needs on electric power. Our roommate also has a 500e that covers most of his driving needs. 100% of our daily commutes are done on renewable power.

We still have several ICE cars in our fleet, but they’ve turned into driveway queens while we work on selling them. Our Model 3 should be ready to configure sometime in April, fulfilling all of our road trip needs and allowing us to dump the ICE cars completely. Roommate will replace his gasser Tiguan when the Model Y arrives or if something else that appeals to him shows up between now and then (Hyundai Kona EV?).

This whole transition to electric has been very interesting. We’ve been diesel guys for the better part of two decades and the driving dynamics of electric are superior and operational costs are much lower.

We replaced an Audi A4 with a VW e-Golf in 2015, and use it for almost all of our local transportation. We also put solar panels on the house roof. We loved the whole setup right off the bat, and determined to replace our long range ICE car (VW Passat) as well. That's why I stood in line on 3/31/16 to reserve the Model 3 that we were finally able to order last week. When it is delivered the Passsat goes, and we're close to the goal of being all electric. But still have a VW Eurovan camper for camping trips and occasional hauling. It'll probably be a while before there's a suitable EV replacement for that.

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
80740317.jpg

Well mostly! I am a car guy so I have lots of cars in various stages. That being said, we have three BEV (Tesla S, Leaf SL, Leaf SL) for daily driving and with the Tesla also being for long distance. Jeep for hauling travel trailer and boat, and ride Harley motorcycle with sidecar. My son has a daily driver Bolt.