Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm... I think the F150's Frunk is better suited for the purpose you describe. I don't think the CT frunk could handle something like that. Does it even have an openable frunk? I have not seen any mention or photo of a CT frunk.

Check the cybertruck frunk thread here there are some pics in there of an open frunk.

cybertruck-production-pilot-line-jpeg.18861

Tesla delivery event has been 3-5 cars. Watch them drive off. No additional specs provided.

Doesn’t really mean any sort of full production if history repeats.

You might be right, but I do hope that they get it right this time. Hopefully they'll start delivering 50, 70, 200 cars a day pretty quickly. At that rate is only be 3 years before I get mine!

• Funny
Reactions: Hank42
You might be right, but I do hope that they get it right this time. Hopefully they'll start delivering 50, 70, 200 cars a day pretty quickly. At that rate is only be 3 years before I get mine!
Mass production has been 2024 for a while...that's when we will see significant customer deliveries. Outside of employees and influencers, I'd bet we see a few by the end of the year, but going off the Semi and MY AWD, the number will be small. Maybe a few hundred or even into the low thousands.

The pricing, specs, etc, configurator should go live sometime in Q4.

Tesla delivery event has been 3-5 cars. Watch them drive off. No additional specs provided.

Doesn’t really mean any sort of full production if history repeats.
yup... and Elon said yesterday... dont expect specs or pricing (!) until the delivery event in Q3 '23 (which by all means will be late Q3 if not Q4)...

so "mass production" about to start in a few months but no pricing or specs available? suuuuuure...

How is pricing not yet available when they have this event in q3? Haven't they already sourced all the parts needed to price it? Weird
likely pricing / specs won't matter initially when they PR circus deliver a dozen Cybertrucks to a dozen owners in Q3 and Q4 this year ;) volume production might start sometime in early 2024 and by then pricing/ specs are well known...

likely pricing / specs won't matter initially when they PR circus deliver a dozen Cybertrucks to a dozen owners in Q3 and Q4 this year ;) volume production might start sometime in early 2024 and by then pricing/ specs are well known...

Looking at 3/Y margins they likely ant to start CT production as soon as possible. It seems that the 4680 battery hurdle has been cleared. I think Tesla's real schedule is starting the line in Q3 but setting low expectations.

Some pricing and specs but they won't answer many of the questions prospective owners have. Just like how the Model 3 and Y were handled by Tesla.
I was a very early owner of each.

Not quite, need a little more room in the bed and more towing capacity to be able to make the switch, contractors like myself have occasion to tow 10,000 lb trailers and need more room than a 5 1/2 foot bed.

There are plenty on ICE trucks available with 8 ft beds that meet your criteria. Non of the EV trucks will meet your criteria anytime soon, have you seen how narrow the CT bed is?

There are plenty on ICE trucks available with 8 ft beds that meet your criteria. Non of the EV trucks will meet your criteria anytime soon, have you seen how narrow the CT bed is?
No I have not even considered the CT as the look just was not my cup of tea, I also like to be able to reach in the bed from the side, I currently have a 1/2 ton chevy diesel and its the first time I had went from a 3/4 ton and have not had an 8 ft bed, even at 6' 8" it was a compromise and I do miss being able to close the gate on 8' materials.