Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it's more Southern than somewhere North of it? :p
If you need a geography lesson this should help. ;)

1704995887165.png

Reactions: djtaylor
Whereas I installed 2023.44.30.8 last night and today on my commute I get a 'routing no longer available' message (towards the end of my commute - but not finished, still had 1/2mile to go) - oddly, I had the line through the LTE reception bars sign with it, but when I checked connectivity it showed as connected to my hotspot! I regret not taking a picture of it now

I had no recent issues like others had been experiencing

Eh yeah I jinxed it I guess, connectivity issues all the way home last night.

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Update has improved things slightly in that when the coverage goes it is a bit better at snatching some data when it comes back briefly. It seems more on and off before as previously it would show the strike through for several minutes rather than have it pop on and pop off more quickly.

Drove some of the same route as before and it lost one or two squares of map instead of losing an entire side. So that's better (!).

It does show how poor coverage is as the signal was there and gone and back. A gap between buildings and it was there. Then gone again.

Feels like a second antenna on the car somewhere would improve things.

I haven't tried but does bouncing it between Wifi hotspot and off again (assuming that it has successfully connected to hotspot) also achieve a reset of the network stack? Probably not.
I tried to engage in a conversation about network stacks with my wife the other day in the car but obviously everything was my fault because Netflix didn't work.
Your suggestion of connecting to your phone’s wi-fi hotspot then turning the hotspot off again works for me. If I do this my car reconnects to LTE and traffic data works and Spotify streaming resumes. Still rubbish but I find this easier and quicker than doing a scroll wheel reset. 2018 Model S MCU1.

Reactions: The_Kilt
Your suggestion of connecting to your phone’s wi-fi hotspot then turning the hotspot off again works for me. If I do this my car reconnects to LTE and traffic data works and Spotify streaming resumes. Still rubbish but I find this easier and quicker than doing a scroll wheel reset. 2018 Model S MCU1.
I’ll try that next time too. However it’s still awkward going on hotspot and off again. I have the automation running now so may be easier, a simple tap on the screen.

Thanks for confirming. I hadn't got around to trying it. :)

Something I noticed yesterday is that when I lose connectivity and check the service menu, the Cell status box switches between 'Searching' and 'Denied' under Network Registration. When connected correctly this shows 'Roaming'. Connectivity is still very spotty but slightly improved since last week, although like others, driving the same route shows different areas of connectivity at different times.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloggie
I get the same issue, had the MCU1 replaced recently due to the 'gunk' gell seeping out of the original. my cas is a 2016 Model S, has hasd no issues for the last seven years, as soon as the MCU was replaced like for like i now have to connect to my Phones WIFI to get guidance with traffic updates and Spotify to work. Soft re-set sorts, or is ok next day, but shortly after setting off spotify stops and have to connect again to my WIFI.