Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you open sunroof (pano roof)?

How often do you open your sunroof?

• All the time! (except rainy days)

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Once in a week

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Once in a month

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Once in a year or never

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use mine enough but when I used it last, the roller for the roof started pinching/rolled onto the rubber seal when closing/closed. Now the seal is bent or sits under the roller when the roof is closed. I'm bringing my car in next week to have the SC replace the seal so there's no issue when it rains.

My 2013 S85, never---don't have/want one.
My wife's 2015 S70D--triple black (Obsidian exterior, black leather and black alcantara headliner), so we got the pano roof for 'airiness' (as noted by other above). Never opened in 1.5 years.

If I was ordering now, both cars would have the all glass roof.

Reactions: BerTX
I have never really used the sunroof on my other cars but got it for the glass roof. But in the S the roof opens so wide it feels almost like a convertible. So I use it often. Having said that when my lease is done I may go with the all glass roof anyway

While we've mostly kept our sunroof closed, we love having it open while taking slow-moving roads through particularly scenic areas. Ascending the tight curves of the Zion - Mt. Carmel Highway in Zion National Park (Utah), for instance, an open sunroof revealed the majesty of the towering rocks and cliffs above us, a very memorable experience.