TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How often do you open sunroof (pano roof)?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximilien, Jan 4, 2017.

?

How often do you open your sunroof?

1. All the time! (except rainy days)

24 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Once in a week

14 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Once in a month

31 vote(s)
    30.1%
  4. Once in a year or never

34 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. bobjustbob

bobjustbob Elon Musk takes all my money

I use mine on a daily basis (weather permitting) as well. Actually, my car has been in the body shop since October 24th (I was rear-ended by a 4Runner) so I'll let you know about cold weather usage when I get it back (scheduled for Friday next week.)

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

When parked in hot weather, I open mine to 15% all the time. When driving it's closed.

3. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

I love it....but rarely use it.

Ok, just found a New Year's Resolution that might be easy enough to keep past this week. Lol

4. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

My prior two cars (owned for 13 years) were convertibles. I rarely put the top up (except for rainy days or when parking). I drive with the pano open and all windows open as often as possible, even during our oppressive Florida summers.

I still miss my convertibles. Elon, we don't need a truck, we need a convertible (and yes, I will be anxiously waiting to see what the new roadster looks like).

• Like x 1
  5. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

6. John Stuckey

John Stuckey Member

Don't use it very often but it is nice to have, kinda like the power lift on the trunk lid.
    We do exercise it at least once a month to keep it moving.
    I was waiting on someone a couple of weeks ago, 25 degrees and opened it up for a few minutes and enjoyed the fresh air.

7. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

hardly ever, only open it to exercise it once in awhile. Got the pano because I want to install roof racks at some point for toys. ;)

8. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Literally every day (except rain).........I don't leave home without it.

9. JLan

JLan Member

Opened it regularly a few times a week when I first got the car. Must admit though haven't opened it very much (at all ) in the last 6 months.

10. ticopowell

ticopowell Member

I usually only open mine when I show it off. I definitely like it a lot more than the non-pano roofs due to the extra headroom for basically every seat. I have a tan interior, white headliner, and the pano, and my friend's car with the tan, white, non-pano seems more cramped.
    I don't know if I would do the all glass or the pano given the choice, but either are better than the solid roof.

11. detlefo

detlefo Member

We rarely open the Pano roof and we would prefer the glass roof. Sadly, this is not an option because we need to be able to install a rack and this is only possible with the Pano roof.

12. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

I've had my P85 for 4 years and 80K miles - and plan to purchase the next Model S (unless we get an X) with a sunroof.

During the summer, it's convenient to put the roof in "vent" mode to keep it cool, though the new overheat protection may be as effective.

Unless it is raining or the weather is cold, I often drive short trips with the roof open and the windows down, as mentioned before, making it close to a "convertible" experience.

If we end up getting an X as our P85 replacement, I will miss having the sunroof.

13. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

We use it all the time, but on our 3 we will get the solid glass roof because it looks amazing.

14. democappy

democappy Member

All the time, but pretty much only because I have a 3 year old who will ask for it to be opened constantly.

15. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Open it every chance we get! We even park the car's and leave it at about 25% Open or have it in Vent mode.

16. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

This is me, too. I'm still on the lookout for you in your new blue P100D!

17. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

I love the pano roof. When it's warm I usually have it open to 20%. Occasionally all the way.

18. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I mainly put it in Vent mode on hot days, especially when parked outdoors. Other than that - once in a while.