Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you open sunroof (pano roof)?

How often do you open your sunroof?

• All the time! (except rainy days)

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Once in a week

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Once in a month

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Once in a year or never

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use mine on a daily basis (weather permitting) as well. Actually, my car has been in the body shop since October 24th (I was rear-ended by a 4Runner) so I'll let you know about cold weather usage when I get it back (scheduled for Friday next week.)

My prior two cars (owned for 13 years) were convertibles. I rarely put the top up (except for rainy days or when parking). I drive with the pano open and all windows open as often as possible, even during our oppressive Florida summers.

I still miss my convertibles. Elon, we don't need a truck, we need a convertible (and yes, I will be anxiously waiting to see what the new roadster looks like).

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
tesla-conv-3.jpg

Tesla Model S convertible first drive

Don't use it very often but it is nice to have, kinda like the power lift on the trunk lid.
We do exercise it at least once a month to keep it moving.
I was waiting on someone a couple of weeks ago, 25 degrees and opened it up for a few minutes and enjoyed the fresh air.

I usually only open mine when I show it off. I definitely like it a lot more than the non-pano roofs due to the extra headroom for basically every seat. I have a tan interior, white headliner, and the pano, and my friend's car with the tan, white, non-pano seems more cramped.
I don't know if I would do the all glass or the pano given the choice, but either are better than the solid roof.

I've had my P85 for 4 years and 80K miles - and plan to purchase the next Model S (unless we get an X) with a sunroof.

During the summer, it's convenient to put the roof in "vent" mode to keep it cool, though the new overheat protection may be as effective.

Unless it is raining or the weather is cold, I often drive short trips with the roof open and the windows down, as mentioned before, making it close to a "convertible" experience.

If we end up getting an X as our P85 replacement, I will miss having the sunroof.

My prior two cars (owned for 13 years) were convertibles. I rarely put the top up (except for rainy days or when parking). I drive with the pano open and all windows open as often as possible, even during our oppressive Florida summers.

I still miss my convertibles. Elon, we don't need a truck, we need a convertible (and yes, I will be anxiously waiting to see what the new roadster looks like).
This is me, too. I'm still on the lookout for you in your new blue P100D!