Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to remove "60D" emblem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clean look (some do take off the "Tesla" as well; some don't because they want to spread the word about Tesla; some don't because their real reason is below)
Easier to wash and wax
Some people with low-end cars want people to think they spent more
Some people with high-end cars don't want people to know how much they spent

I've taken stickers and labels off most of my cars because I like the clean look. I didn't take them off the Roadster because I wanted to make sure people knew what it was. Similarly while our 2012 Model S didn't come with "85" badging, I left the "Model S" on. I've got a P90DL coming that I'd like to clean up; but given that it's a 2-year lease I'll probably just leave them on.

anyone have pictures of the back without the emblem?

DSC00009.jpg

Quick question about the black plates, I ordered them in May and was told I would receive a post card on when I can pick it up at the DMV. I am still waiting, what is the process?

Not to hijack the thread but...

It took me over 4 months to get my letter in the mail -- just have to be patient. Once you get it, bring the letter into the DMV (I lined up about 30 minutes before they opened), wait 2 hours while everyone with an appointment goes before you...

Bring in your old plates to surrender, fill out some paperwork, pay a fee and voila!

And back to the topic: I don't like cheap plastic logos glued onto my car. I don't like logos in general, I guess. If I could take the Nike swoosh off my gym clothes I would.

Picked up my X, "Wattzen" from the detailer yesterday. Had full Suntek ppf installed. Figured the badges can always be re-applied at any time. In the meantime, uber-easy to clean! Will post pics in the Midnight Silver Gallery after the film has cured and I can give him a wash!

Attachments

• IMG_92751.jpg
    IMG_92751.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 318
Trust me, I've seen worse in the BMW line. I don't really get the whole de-badging thing. Sure, I guess for most it's a clean, I want nothing on the car look, but most people who really know that line of car can tell which model it really is (not so much in the Tesla case obviously).

I've had my BMW factory de-badged right from the start, the main reason being that it's easier to clean without some silly emblem on it that just happens to gather all kinds of dirt around it. Plus, I got the - back then - top of the line Diesel, and didn't want to attract too much attention to that fact. There are just too many jealous people who will happily scratch your car if they think you have too much money. The good thing is, with my line of car and the way BMW styled them in those days, mine could now be anything from a 316 to a 330 :)