Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody. How are those of you capturing event trigger images doing it? Are you monitoring the wifi signals, then parsing them out? Are they not encrypted?

I searched through this thread, as well as on the internet, but couldn’t find the answer.

Thank you!

Reactions: CaliMS
Ok, so now that I know the snapshots for my car stopped because the time for them was limited to just 23 hours, I rolled the time back and drove around some more.

Only managed to trigger a few slope up/down. The confusing part is oftentimes slope up would have a slope down in it too so I am not sure how NN decided if it's a slope up or down it's facing (because it's both).

From some experience, I’ve found that AP 2.0 doesn’t handle ascending or descending roadway well, especially if the roadway turns right or left. I’m glad someone else sees this as well.

Reactions: daktari
From some experience, I’ve found that AP 2.0 doesn’t handle ascending or descending roadway well, especially if the roadway turns right or left. I’m glad someone else sees this as well.
Definitely! Rolling hills with turns. Not even big hills. I was glad that verygreen found triggers for hills. Hopefully some day it will work well.

Well if you think about it on a upward hill with a left or right turn, the car has no clue, since it can’t find the lane lines with the cameras facing the sky, they don’t pivot down like our eyes. This won’t get solved until they are leveraging the HD maps I suspect.

Reactions: croman
Well if you think about it on a upward hill with a left or right turn, the car has no clue, since it can’t find the lane lines with the cameras facing the sky, they don’t pivot down like our eyes. This won’t get solved until they are leveraging the HD maps I suspect.
Even if you know where the road is, you can't drive without seeing where you go. EAP might, but FSD can't.

HD maps might help by giving info that increases safety causing the car to drive more safely than a driver would by using the what he sees. But it should not decrease safety by driving into an area that can't be verified by the car's sensors.

Question about AP2.0. Does anybody else find that in both TACC and AutoSteering, the car will maintain full speed as it approaches a stopped car ahead of it, until pretty hard braking is required? In this game of chicken, I nearly always hit the brakes before the Tesla does. This is bad for regen as well, as it requires significant brakes.

I see it on shallow enough slopes (or upward slopes) and turns where I assumed the road road is still visible. ESP where there is some side to side tilt change too. I think it’s hard to understand in monocular vision.

Question about AP2.0. Does anybody else find that in both TACC and AutoSteering, the car will maintain full speed as it approaches a stopped car ahead of it, until pretty hard braking is required? In this game of chicken, I nearly always hit the brakes before the Tesla does. This is bad for regen as well, as it requires significant brakes.

Yes. All the time if the cars are fully stopped. Don't count on it stopping every time either, I've read of cases where it didn't stop. Someone posted on a Texas Tesla email list just this week about an accident. From the sounds of it, totaled the car.

Yah, that's the untracked car problem, the car doesn't "see" the car sometimes if it's not moving and didn't see it beforehand moving. Never ever trust the car to stop unless, your behind a moving car and even then be very wary around stop / go traffic especially local traffic.

I see it on shallow enough slopes (or upward slopes) and turns where I assumed the road road is still visible. ESP where there is some side to side tilt change too. I think it’s hard to understand in monocular vision.

I've noticed it on AP1 on some very shallow slopes. I had always assumed that it was treating either the left or right line as a primary reference, and so the apparent curve was throwing it off.

I've noticed it on AP1 on some very shallow slopes. I had always assumed that it was treating either the left or right line as a primary reference, and so the apparent curve was throwing it off.

My conclusion as well. I see the IC flash a sharp turn in the road. Exactly what you’d expect if it lost one edge, or prioritized one, on crest or dip. At least what we’d expect if there is no depth data.

I’ve been watching for edge drop out but one wants to be driving at these moments : ) so I don’t know.