Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 - delivery status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So - I need help understanding- I am trading in my Model X - it has FSD - beta - working fine.
The new Model X has the HW4 computer. Am I understanding correctly that the software for HW 4 does not yet include the ability to run FSD beta - nor does the software have auto park or lane changing.
If this is the case - is there any timeframe for when the software will be available ?
Any input is appreciated

I haven't heard about the lack of lane changing in HW4 cars. Auto Park is missing even in HW3 cars without ultrasonic sensors.

Since people are just now taking delivery of HW4 cars, you should monitor this forum to get a better idea of what works and what doesn't. As to when things that don't work will start working, no one knows, regardless of that anyone says about it. I have a Model S on order, so I have the same concerns you do.

Since HW4 cars have just started being delivered recently in the middle of the FSD beta recall, new enrollments to beta have been paused even for HW3.

So we don’t know yet if HW4 is indeed incompatible with FSD beta at this time or if it’s simply because no one has been able to download beta firmware due to the recall.

Also factory firmware (2023.x.x) is newer than the base firmware of the current FSD beta version (2022.45.x) so again no new car would be able to download beta at this time even if new beta enrollment has resumed.

Reactions: preilly44
it has been a while since my original question. My new Model X is scheduled for May/June. Has the software available for these vehicles been updated and does it now include FSD Beta ? Thanks

TeslaFi shows that 71 of their 19,140 subscribers have AP4 but only 1 has FSD beta. I believe that person is here on TMC and has posted comments in the last few days. So, the process has started but is nowhere near critical mass.

1684000970760.png

Project highland cars are expected to be delivered in Q3 and have extra cameras.
Three new cameras:
  • One in the center of the front bumper
  • Two more on the sides of the car
Should enable a better view while parking.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVNow
Project highland cars are expected to be delivered in Q3 and have extra cameras.
Three new cameras:
  • One in the center of the front bumper
  • Two more on the sides of the car
Should enable a better view while parking.
Center of the front bumper, huh? That should stay clean for at least two minutes.