Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I killed our own Cat, that got in my front bumper...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lien

Feb 16, 2018
Beernem
Yesterday, our Cat got in my front bumper, there seems to be a lot of space there, I did not see it, and some 100 meter from our house, he jumper out, and was dead... I called the service centre, but they say, they can not close the hole, to cool the batteries properly...
Does anyone can think of a solution? I don't want this to happen again !

This is very rare, neighbor cat got in my truck wheel well. Did not kill it thankfully. Never happened again. But you could check Home Depot for some large plastic mesh in black. Cut carefully and glue with E6000 should last a while and not be too ugly.

• Helpful
Reactions: ChadS and David99
That sucks. Sorry to hear. I know many animals like to climb into wholes in cars. In some regions certain animals like to chew on cables and rubber lines. It is a general problem. Most animals will get out as soon as you start the engine out of fear. In an EV they don't get that warning.

Lien so sorry to hear that. I remember seeing a video a while back of a Tesla SvC rescuing a cat up under the car motor area. Really tough to lose a pet regardless but certainly understand your wanting to prevent it from ever happening again. I think the open weave screening sounds like a reasonable thing to try.

Cats crawl into Teslas all the time. Can someone have Elon Musk / Tesla discuss this with me? I can help them design their cars / mod the older ones to be Cat / Pet / Animal friendly.

My cat has been transported many, many miles away from home because she crawls into Teslas, and changes cars at Tesla Superchargers. Often, I don't even know she's inside!

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Yesterday, our Cat got in my front bumper, there seems to be a lot of space there, I did not see it, and some 100 meter from our house, he jumper out, and was dead... I called the service centre, but they say, they can not close the hole, to cool the batteries properly...
Does anyone can think of a solution? I don't want this to happen again !
This is very serious. I have lost two cats to this already and one was injured. I have seen the one that was injured in my back view mirror jumping out. I just found one that was missing for a week dead by the traffic light where I stopped the day she went missing. I heard a rattle under the car that day but didn't pay attention until I got home and didn't find this cat who would never go any where. I took the car to the Tesla service the next day but he said they are too busy to look under the car. And today, I kept tracking my route that day and found the poor thing dead. I have never had any problem with my Benz or my Audi. We're so devastated. I have 3 more cats and some ferals that come to eat and I have a gated house so they are in the front yard protected by a fence and a gate and now I'm killing them with my car. What should I do? I'm too terrified in the morning driving off to work.

I am sorry but
My cat is not aloud in the house (We rent), lives outside during the day and sleeps in the garage at night.

Everybody has a different situation. I’m also not a big fan of litter boxes in my house.

Sounds sad for the cat but at least you are someplace warm.

Side note... I rent also and don't have a litter box.
My cats have their own auto flushing toilet I can't even tell when they go unless i hear the toilet flush. Litter Kwitter | Cat toilet training system

• Funny
Reactions: X-pilot and house9