Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I see a 400A Disconnect in Bloom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1686627849831.png

Here is some of the madness we have to deal with to account for Fire jurisdictions that do not accept the Tesla UL 9540A testing. It sure was a nice garden before they "went green" This customer would have been much happier with 3 stacks of 3 units along that wall, but rules are rules.

Spread around the rest of the property is an over 50 kW PV system.

@Vines so, I'm curious, what is the code for those unistrut supports? Is there some earthquake rule or force calculation that has to be done?

(If that were my garden, I would have hired someone to paint the Powerwalls to blend in the roses...)

All the best,

Peter

@Vines so, I'm curious, what is the code for those unistrut supports? Is there some earthquake rule or force calculation that has to be done?

(If that were my garden, I would have hired someone to paint the Powerwalls to blend in the roses...)

All the best,

Peter
I am unsure of the exact structural code, it is part of the building code for floor-mounted objects. It needs to resist seismic and wind forces that try to tip it over. The latest Powerwall installation manual has recommendations for freestanding Powerwalls, so we will use those going forward. This grade beam was designed and engineered before those details were available.

I was figuring we would just paint the roses!

I actually find the "industrial chic" look somewhat compelling, myself. Thats a large enough system that, based on the location that @Vines operates out of and their likely coverage area, its entirely likely that whomever that belongs to shows up in a google search, and might even have their own wikipedia page (rofl).

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun