Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I thought Tesla drivers were better than this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is a new "d**k" move I saw at the supercharger.

I watched a guy back his car in to the spot, then move forward and move the car over so he was 6 inches over the left line, then got out, plug in and walked off.

The net result was he was using the A charger and blocked the B one so he didn't have to share. There were spare chargers so no harm for the masses but it was very much a d**k move.

I hope the rest of us are more considerate.

I watched a guy back his car in to the spot, then move forward and move the car over so he was 6 inches over the left line, then got out, plug in and walked off.

The net result was he was using the A charger and blocked the B one so he didn't have to share. There were spare chargers so no harm for the masses but it was very much a d**k move.

If you see this again, take a photo and report it to Tesla.

Supercharger network access is a privilege that they can revoke at any time.

I mean.... owning one car brand or other does (or does not) make someone a decent person. There isnt anything that prevents jerks from buying a tesla or any other car.

I get the idea of the thread, but reject "Tesla drivers" as some sort of universal community of decent people. its just like any other collection of product owners.

When I see that and am not in a hurry I make it a point to show them how to share by parking next to them.

I mean.... owning one car brand or other does (or does not) make someone a decent person. There isnt anything that prevents jerks from buying a tesla or any other car.

I get the idea of the thread, but reject "Tesla drivers" as some sort of universal community of decent people. its just like any other collection of product owners.
I think you will find that in order to buy a Tesla one has generally achieved a certain level of economic success which implies a level of sophistication and refined behaviour beyond that of the common man. Similar for instance to that which one would traditionally find in BMW and Audi drivers...oh hang on 🤔

When I see that and am not in a hurry I make it a point to show them how to share by parking next to them.

just park inch from his driver door and sit in the car watching youtube just for the lols :))))

We were on a recent road trip and pulled into a Supercharger with 5 out of 6 stalls in use. The one available stall barely had room due to the horrible parking job by a new Model Y owner. We slowly squeezed our X within inches of the Model Y and charged. Also at this location 6 years ago, there was a car parked perpendicular to the stalls, blocking 3 of the 6 stalls. I pulled up and charged at the closest stall, making sure there was still room for someone to use the last one.

It will be nice next year when we can skip this location since there will be new v3 Superchargers on the route. Some people...

Reactions: ElectricIAC
At the Trafford centre supercharger Sunday, apart from the large amounts of Non-Tesla charging and blocking adjacent stalls because of their port location - a couple were parked in the spaces and not even charging just to get a parking spot for shopping!

This new addition to Tesla Supercharger locations that is about to be rolled out looks like a great idea:

machinegun tower.png

• Funny
Reactions: PeteSanders
That's nothing. I was driving home yesterday (so in rush hour) and got to a junction where three lanes crossed three lanes and we had the green light so I continued going forward through the junction in the right lane. Meanwhile some guy in a white 3 was in the middle lane, stopped, put on his signal to turn right. I had to blast past him hoping he wouldn't just turn into me and when I looked in the mirror he was just stopped waiting to make the turn.

Now THAT was a d**k move!

(his, not mine obviously 🤣 )

I was charging at Rugby SuC yesterday while a three car queue built up at the entry to the charging stalls (the first had been waiting at least 10 minutes)

A blue M3P drove in quite rapidly against the directional arrows from the exit end just as a stall became available & he instantly reversed into it even though the first car from the queue was already moving slowly forward.

It was pretty obvious he knew what he was doing.

I was charging at Rugby SuC yesterday while a three car queue built up at the entry to the charging stalls (the first had been waiting at least 10 minutes)

A blue M3P drove in quite rapidly against the directional arrows from the exit end just as a stall became available & he instantly reversed into it even though the first car from the queue was already moving slowly forward.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Not sure his ploy would be effective. When using an AB split, the first car to plug in will get the full charge capable. If a 2nd car plugs in, they will only get the residual amperage available. This will continue until the first to plug car gets his full charge.

At hotel with 3 Tesla Wall Chargers-Jerk in Ford Double parks-I’m charging my MSP-I gently point it out to Jerk he is Double Parked-He says F**k you to me-I withdraw-Lady in M3 pulls up, and unable to charge/park, so she parks in normal spot to wait-Jerk returns, in a hurry and departs while giving me the middle finger-Lady in M3 pulls in and can’t plug in-I assist her and find Tesla to J1772 adapter still left on Tesla charge cable-I remove adapter, plug in lady’s M3-I leave note on Tesla charger, “For Sale: Like new Tesla to J1772 adapter=$125.00”-I hope Jerk in Ford returns 😎🤣🤣🤣 That charge session cost him approx. $150.00 if he buys a new one 😁😳. Gotcha 😛 (Oh don’t worry, if he ever calls I’ll tell him to please just come get it….as I’m spending the Winter in Hawaii😎🌴).

Not sure his ploy would be effective. When using an AB split, the first car to plug in will get the full charge capable. If a 2nd car plugs in, they will only get the residual amperage available. This will continue until the first to plug car gets his full charge.

This isn't true. My car is capable of charging at the full 130kw / 150kw available from a V1/V2 charger up to at least 50% of my battery (if not more), in warm weather, preheating etc. I have had the full 250kw for a significant amount of time at the lower end of the battery from a V3 charger - so my battery is very healthy!

I have seen other cars plug in and my charging speed drop significantly when my SoC suggests I can continue to charge at higher rates.. It's a big problem and it's quite frustrating how slow the rollout of V3 is.

EDIT: I just noticed you're located in Southern California. The situation is SIGNIFICANTLY different in the UK and I think the rest of Europe as well based on videos I've seen!

Reactions: Jason71

I'd move my car to block him in, turn on Sentry Mode, and go off and enjoy a coffee, meal etc in the motorway services.