Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idle fees doesn't work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not just Superchargers, HPWC also opens charge port doors.
Happened to me 2 years ago at the Custer SD Tesla meet. I was parked for the night beside a Model S charging at the Super 8 destination charger. At breakfast I checked my car via the App and it said that it was charging. What the heck! Some kind driver plugged my car in during the night when he was finished charging.

When I have the only EV at the hotel, why would I set a timer to wake me in the middle of the night? Much better to just stay plugged in, like any EV should be overnight, and finish charging in the morning with the app to pre-heat the battery and cabin.

If sharing the HPWC with another guest, it would be a whole different story.

GSP
H
I created an email alias, [email protected] and made a laminated card. I keep in the little pocket in the front of the driver seat. Whenever I'm charging, I throw it on the dash:

View attachment 220766

Great idea. Thanks for being cooperative in sharing chargers.

Some people took longer than they should have to get in their cars and proceed to leave, others jumped right in and moved it within seconds.

There was a shopping mall study that showed drivers are much slower on average to leave a space when another driver is waiting for the spot.

I think this behavior is not usually due to a conscious choice, but a mostly subconscious impulse to not give up something that has value to others. When people are socialized to share, as most Tesla drivers are with chargers, they likely leave rapidly in a pro-social effort.

Reactions: ig_epower
There was a shopping mall study that showed drivers are much slower on average to leave a space when another driver is waiting for the spot.

I think this behavior is not usually due to a conscious choice, but a mostly subconscious impulse to not give up something that has value to others. When people are socialized to share, as most Tesla drivers are with chargers, they likely leave rapidly in a pro-social effort.

As I read the above, I thought that I might tend to linger longer when someone is stopped in the lane waiting and wasting fuel, but only if the parking lot is not full. I detest those people who block the lane waiting instead of going to the next open space where - horrors! - they might have to walk a few feet further.