Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm speechless, how can Tesla do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly after I leased my Chevy Volt, in 2016, I bought a Clipper Creek HCS-40 EVSE with JuiceNet from eMotorWerks. It arrived missing its back plate, which means its interior would have gotten drenched in the first rain had I attempted to use it that way. I called and they shipped the missing back piece. The EVSE has worked fine since then, and I continue to use it with my Model 3. Any reputable business should be responsive to such complaints, at least up to a point. I suggest trying to contact Tesla again to get this resolved. You might also try marching into your nearest Tesla store, if it's not too inconvenient, and see if you can get the empty box replaced with something real in person.

(The EVSE I bought was essentially a collaboration between Clipper Creek and eMotorWerks. The latter company installed its JuiceNet board in the Clipper Creek unit, so eMotorWerks had to open up the HCS-40, install the board, and seal it up again. Presumably somebody got distracted at the wrong moment, which doesn't speak well to eMotorWerks' work flow, but at least they didn't question or hassle me about their mistake.)

I love the people who are replying like this is Amazon. I've had plenty of mistakes from Amazon and it takes 5 seconds to find a live person on the phone changing the order and fixing the issue. You're in some kind of weird ass Tesla Denial if you think that happens off their website.

I emailed their return page with a picture and forwarded the original transaction more than 24/hr ago with no reply. This is not an apples to apples comparison fellas. Getting to talk to someone from Tesla is like pulling teeth and when you finally get someone through their crazy maze of a TelePrompter they can't help you.

Ordered a paint repair kit directly from Tesla's website. I wanted to grab it just incase I got a chip in the paint.

This is exactly how the box came when I got it. I feel like I'm being fu#$@d with, how on earth can Tesla's quality control be so bad they send me an empty #)$(@ box?

I'm at a loss for words. It's one thing to constantly push back my service appointments but this came directly from Tesla as a "new" item, It's got a dirty fingerprint on it and the box is EMPTY.

I'm going to cry.

I purchased a can of Coke at a convenience store a few months ago that turned out to be half full. I can't believe the convenience store sold me a can of Coke that was only filled half-way. Terrible company. Wont shop there again. They should weigh every can of Coke that they sell to to be sure they are properly filled.

I purchased a can of Coke at a convenience store a few months ago that turned out to be half full. I can't believe the convenience store sold me a can of Coke that was only filled half-way. Terrible company. Wont shop there again. They should weigh every can of Coke that they sell to to be sure they are properly filled.
While you are being sarcastic, you are correct... They should actually weight each product... Not the convenience store, but the manufacturer. Also, the manufacturer is to blame, not the convenience store.

Last edited:
There are a COUPLE of possibilities here:

1) the paint arrived in the box but you took it out, took a picture, and created a Click Bait headline... Jussie Smollett style... which is how many media whores believe is an acceptable way to earn money since Followers = $$$

2) you're a Tesla "short seller" and creating FUD to make more money

3) another Tesla customer received the paint, took it out, and returned the empty box for a refund... and the empty box got shipped to you. Think it couldn't happen? Scumbags actually buy jugs of DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) at Walmart, put it in their vehicle, refill the DEF jug with water, and return it to Walmart for a full credit.

4) somebody made an honest mistake at the paint packaging and didn't put the paint in the box to begin with. If you were an employee would you want a customer to GO OFF on a CLICK BAIT HEADLINE if you made a simple mistake? Are you trying to get someone FIRED because you didn't receive a couple of bottles of touch up paint? YIKES

Remember, how you react defines you and affects others.

Posting on the TMC forum about this microscopic issue is probably not the most mature nor effective way to resolve your issue... and spending time continually reading the replies and defending your reaction is just making you look worse.

Ordered a paint repair kit directly from Tesla's website. I wanted to grab it just incase I got a chip in the paint.

This is exactly how the box came when I got it. I feel like I'm being fu#$@d with, how on earth can Tesla's quality control be so bad they send me an empty #)$(@ box?

I'm at a loss for words. It's one thing to constantly push back my service appointments but this came directly from Tesla as a "new" item, It's got a dirty fingerprint on it and the box is EMPTY.

I'm going to cry.

It's OK, exactly what you purchased!.

They sent you the Full Self Driving (FSD) touchup paint.

You got the box, and instructions, the rest will be along at some-point. And-besides, it's currently in Beta, so you can't expect it to be exactly the right color anyhow.

I love the people who are replying like this is Amazon. I've had plenty of mistakes from Amazon and it takes 5 seconds to find a live person on the phone changing the order and fixing the issue. You're in some kind of weird ass Tesla Denial if you think that happens off their website.

I emailed their return page with a picture and forwarded the original transaction more than 24/hr ago with no reply. This is not an apples to apples comparison fellas. Getting to talk to someone from Tesla is like pulling teeth and when you finally get someone through their crazy maze of a TelePrompter they can't help you.
This is how a company acts just before it dies. I'm not saying Tesla is dying. I'm just saying most dying companies do end up like this.

This is how a company acts just before it dies.
Perhaps it's me, but on the scale of problems that Tesla has this is probably not very high on my list. My guess is that you will get your paint.

Yes, you'll spend some frustrating time trying to get hold of Tesla (although I'm not sure you'll have spent more time than you spent on this thread), but there is the odd chance that somewhere someone is getting help from Tesla and he has a more urgent problem than you have.

Perhaps it's me, but on the scale of problems that Tesla has this is probably not very high on my list. My guess is that you will get your paint.

Yes, you'll spend some frustrating time trying to get hold of Tesla (although I'm not sure you'll have spent more time than you spent on this thread), but there is the odd chance that somewhere someone is getting help from Tesla and he has a more urgent problem than you have.
It's not that I think they're cheating anyone intentionally, or doing anything intentionally really. However, it's an indication (in my opinion) of systemic failure, a breakdown of internal processes, and/or apathetic employees. I hope it's just a rough patch because I love, love, love the idea of Tesla, and love my car.

It's not that I think they're cheating anyone intentionally, or doing anything intentionally really. However, it's an indication (in my opinion) of systemic failure, a breakdown of internal processes, and/or apathetic employees.

The fact someone had a misshipment of a couple of paint sticks (probably not even packed by Tesla themselves) shows you all that?

Or are you talking about the difficulty in contacting them? As I said, it's hard to see the problem the original poster was having as a critical issue, and that usually affects how long you can wait (roadside assistance is usually quicker on the ball, but it's hard to argue that you should be calling roadside assistance for this). But yes, Tesla is indeed not always good at "getting back to you", but some of it is because the company grows extremely rapidly, at a pace where the support infrastructure investments tend to lag rather than lead.

No argument about 'internal processes', though. Tesla is pretty chaotic and should certainly strive to organise itself better...but see above: they're having to cope with growth, and they don't have an extensive network of dealers (who ultimately you're paying for) to cushion the blows.

I agree with others, though: the original poster should go to a Service Center and try to talk to a human. They might be able to sort him out, and very likely better than anyone on the forum.

It's not that I think they're cheating anyone intentionally, or doing anything intentionally really. However, it's an indication (in my opinion) of systemic failure, a breakdown of internal processes, and/or apathetic employees. I hope it's just a rough patch because I love, love, love the idea of Tesla, and love my car.

Well said, exactly. FYI Still no contact from Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Well said, exactly. FYI Still no contact from Tesla.

Dude orders a product from the OEM, is mailed an empty box, and you all jump down the customer's throat?

OP -- props for staying so cordial --- you've been accused of some nasty stuff:

1) Mail fraud
2) Securities fraud
3) Trying to get Tesla employees fired
4) Being immature for complaining about not receiving a product from a company that will not communicate with you

and you people wonder why the rest of society view you all as.......the vanity license plates don't help

There are a COUPLE of possibilities here:

1) the paint arrived in the box but you took it out, took a picture, and created a Click Bait headline... Jussie Smollett style... which is how many media whores believe is an acceptable way to earn money since Followers = $$$

2) you're a Tesla "short seller" and creating FUD to make more money

4) somebody made an honest mistake at the paint packaging and didn't put the paint in the box to begin with. If you were an employee would you want a customer to GO OFF on a CLICK BAIT HEADLINE if you made a simple mistake? Are you trying to get someone FIRED because you didn't receive a couple of bottles of touch up paint? YIKES

Remember, how you react defines you and affects others.

Posting on the TMC forum about this microscopic issue is probably not the most mature nor effective way to resolve your issue... and spending time continually reading the replies and defending your reaction is just making you look worse.