Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm speechless, how can Tesla do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fact someone had a misshipment of a couple of paint sticks (probably not even packed by Tesla themselves) shows you all that?
No, not just that. It's the pattern of decline that's disturbing, and this is a good example. Their service used to be as good as their cars. In the "old days", somebody would have answered the phone and made sure a replacement was next-day shipped and we'll sort out costs later. It's the sharp decline in "personality" that's alarming. I hesitated to even write by original post, because I try to stay positive. It was just my way of venting and saying "Hey Tes, you know how you're making yourself look here, right?"
Not wanting to end in a negative note, so I'll just say that I believe it can turn around. I remember when Apple was a flash in the pan (holy cow, those quotes sound familiar!) too.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Dude orders a product from the OEM, is mailed an empty box, and you all jump down the customer's throat?

OP -- props for staying so cordial --- you've been accused of some nasty stuff:

1) Mail fraud
2) Securities fraud
3) Trying to get Tesla employees fired
4) Being immature for complaining about not receiving a product from a company that will not communicate with you

and you people wonder why the rest of society view you all as.......the vanity license plates don't help

Thanks, I do love the car which is why I wanted the correction paint to begin with. You should have seen twitter though, The FUD is INSANE there... I got retweeted a bazillion times so fast I deleted the post. I just want Tesla to mail me the stuff I paid for I don't want to be the center of some news article saying "SEE!!! SHORT TESLA" I mean these bots retweeting me were savage, they even had names like @ShortTesla and stuff it was nuts.

I am kinda upset that I haven't heard back from Tesla at all today. I do have an appointment to fix some glass that cracked on my car today "It's been pushed back 3 times now but that's a whole other story" Hopefully I can talk to someone that won't blow me off.

"sigh" Just kidding, Even though I got a call Tuesday rescheduling to today stating that the tracking said the glass replacement will come in Thursday, I just got a text canceling my appointment today. Looks like the "tracking" info they got, never shipped. They only got the Tracking info that the label was printed.

Last edited:
"sigh" Just kidding, Even though I got a call Tuesday rescheduling to today stating that the tracking said the glass replacement will come in Thursday, I just got a text canceling my appointment today.

I suggest you call to be sure that's accurate. During my delivery process, I got several contradictory communications by phone, e-mail, order page update, and text. Tesla has some serious internal communication problems, so you've got to be careful about that.

• Love
I suggest you call to be sure that's accurate. During my delivery process, I got several contradictory communications by phone, e-mail, order page update, and text. Tesla has some serious internal communication problems, so you've got to be careful about that.

Just did. Guy on the phone said "They canceled your appointment because the part hasn't shipped. They will contact you when it comes in to schedule again". Somehow I'm skeptical.

Dude orders a product from the OEM, is mailed an empty box, and you all jump down the customer's throat?

I don't, but some people probably found the

a bit excessive for a misshipment of an item your life doesn't exactly depend on. That's not "I'm speechless" on my scale of things, it's "sh_t happens", at least unless Tesla would simply refuse to ship me what I paid for.

The fact they don't get back to the original poster is quite another matter, though. But again, Tesla Online Sales is probably the place where you end up waiting in Telephone Menu Hell the longest (as said above).

In retrospect I probably should have just made the title "my order from Tesla.com was completely empty" or something, But I was so happy when I got it in because it was my first purchase from the site and I was sitting there and I just felt like I was on Punked. I really was dumbfounded that it was completely empty.

While you are being sarcastic, you are correct... They should actually weight each product... Not the convenience store, but the manufacturer. Also, the manufacturer is to blame, not the convenience store.

Agreed. In this case Tesla neither produces nor packs the paint. I also suspect they are using a third party to ship it. The OP is either having fun or being unnecessarily dramatic. I think it is the former and I am playing along. Here are quotes from the OP

“ I feel like I'm being fu#$@d with, how on earth can Tesla's quality control be so bad they send me an empty #)$(@ box? “

and, just so there is no question about the OP’s seemingly intentional drama

“I’m going to cry.”

Do you think OP is actually going to cry or is using some hyperbole (see also the claim that Tesla has chosen to @#$& with him.)?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: neroden and sceptic

OP -- props for staying so cordial --- you've been accused of some nasty stuff:

1) Mail fraud
2) Securities fraud
3) Trying to get Tesla employees fired
4) Being immature for complaining about not receiving a product from a company that will not communicate with you

and you people wonder why the rest of society view you all as.......the vanity license plates don't help

Nobody "accused" the OP of any of the above "nasty stuff" you stated above. However it has been suggested that these were possibilities since a LOT of people feel there really isn't a good reason to create a CLICK BAIT post titled

... about 2 missing touch up paint bottle(s).

YES this meltdown is supposedly over 2 missing bottles of touch up paint !!!

IMHO (and several other TMC members here) either:
  1. the OP's reaction is WAY overblown (which should elicit an apology or just DELETE their initial post) OR
  2. there is some other reason this CLICK BAIT was created
In the interest of reducing the fuel for this lame thread hoping it will die, I'm ending any further comment. No reason to feed it. The OP has been given several logical and mature ways to handle this "pebble" (not pothole, sinkhole, crevasse, or canyon) in his "road of life". If people complain about "tripping on pebbles" again, I suggest they pick up their feet. Life is hard... and this missing touch up paint situation isn't hard by any stretch of imagination... and certainly not worth becoming "speechless" and creating a thread on TMC proclaiming "how can Tesla do this?".

Ordered a paint repair kit directly from Tesla's website. I wanted to grab it just incase I got a chip in the paint.

This is exactly how the box came when I got it. I feel like I'm being fu#$@d with, how on earth can Tesla's quality control be so bad they send me an empty #)$(@ box?

I'm at a loss for words. It's one thing to constantly push back my service appointments but this came directly from Tesla as a "new" item, It's got a dirty fingerprint on it and the box is EMPTY.

I'm going to cry.
I would guess you could say you didn't get your money's worth!

• Funny
Reactions: BrokerDon
Ordered a paint repair kit directly from Tesla's website. I wanted to grab it just incase I got a chip in the paint.

This is exactly how the box came when I got it. I feel like I'm being fu#$@d with, how on earth can Tesla's quality control be so bad they send me an empty #)$(@ box?

I'm at a loss for words. It's one thing to constantly push back my service appointments but this came directly from Tesla as a "new" item, It's got a dirty fingerprint on it and the box is EMPTY.

I'm going to cry.
How’s the car working?

Wow this forum is full of people who think they are funny huh? Yep they aren't fun to deal with. I've gotten responses within and hour and sometimes no response. I just returned something and they have had it for 4 days and won't give me back my $! takes a week to get the item, week to ship back, who knows how long to get my $. Yup annoying. I'm sure you'll get your paint eventually, that said its just for in case... I would order from Dr colorchip instead. Its double the amount, cheaper and the paint in general expires in 1 year.

• Informative

I'm going to cry.

I did the same thing and got exactly what I ordered. I would call them and have them ship another one. Manufacturing issue? Theft issue? Whatever it is, they need to fix it and fix their quality control.