Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improved Trunk lighting - Is there demand?

would you be interested in high-quality, brighter interior plug-n-play lights?

• Yes - would buy a full set (trunk, Frunk, puddle lights and footwells)

Votes: 143 46.3%
  • Yes, would start with a few to replace the weedy lights in the trunk

Votes: 133 43.0%
  • Not sure - would wait for other reviews

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Nope, I'm good with the ones in the Model S

Votes: 13 4.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, sorry for the silence. I'd hoped to get some product teaser photos taken at the weekend, but events conspired against me. But we're close, real close......I expect to have everything in hand within 2 weeks, obviously there's a US holiday in the middle of that, but that doesn't tend to have much of an impact.

Hey all, sorry for the silence. I'd hoped to get some product teaser photos taken at the weekend, but events conspired against me. But we're close, real close......I expect to have everything in hand within 2 weeks, obviously there's a US holiday in the middle of that, but that doesn't tend to have much of an impact.
Let us know when we can give you money. Take our money! :biggrin:

Pretty excited for this. Looking forward to the release.

Yep Looking forward to it. Do you have pricing yet?

More or less, I can't finalize until I have the landed cost (bulbs + packaging + spudger + duty + shipping), and then I can structure the pricing so that there's price breaks for multiples....honestly I just need to sit down and do it, it's just not been the priority yet. There shouldn't be any surprises though, more or less in line with the original guesstimate. The factory has just confirmed the bulbs will ship next Monday.

More or less, I can't finalize until I have the landed cost (bulbs + packaging + spudger + duty + shipping), and then I can structure the pricing so that there's price breaks for multiples....honestly I just need to sit down and do it, it's just not been the priority yet. There shouldn't be any surprises though, more or less in line with the original guesstimate. The factory has just confirmed the bulbs will ship next Monday.

I'm very excited and will get new bulbs for all the places they fit on my car. Storage lighting is a HUGE problem.

Actually, I'm going to buy two full sets and give one to my dad for his Signature.

As a prior customer, please be sure to notify us when these are available... will be a happy buyer, again...

Is there a sign up list so we get notified? Or do we just check here?

This thread will certainly be the first to know, the only other mechanism is our mailing list, which as anyone that subscribes knows, we're not terribly social, but we're working on changing that :) I have a few new products in the site and coming soon, so I'll probably create a new list just for New Product Alerts.

I'm right up the street from you, Pete -- could save on shipping by dropping by. :)

Looking forward to the official notice. This will be among the first things I do with my new S, which should arrive about the time the bulbs are likely to.

Cool. some early feedback would be useful...as part of getting them on the store, I need to create install guides, videos etc...that probably won't happen immediately, so some friendly installs would be helpful!

Just a quick update, the first batch has completed production and QA, I'm working with FedEx to pre-clear customs, but that can be hit and miss, but they should be landed within a week or so. Below are some pics provided by the factory, they might be kind of dull, but it's been a long road for us!

collage.jpg