Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In a state of shock!......"this happens often and we are frustrated at the sales team level"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have certainly changed... when I purchased my inventory P85+ in early 2014 I had a 16k discount (as it was inventory), I had ordered the car as a P85, when it turned up it was a +, they made the mistake and honored it, I ended up with 26k discount which back then was a ridiculous deal.

Sorry for the troubles OP... hopefully they will do something...

Edit... didn't read above and see they have resolved it.. glad it worked out.

Things have certainly changed... when I purchased my inventory P85+ in early 2014 I had a 16k discount (as it was inventory), I had ordered the car as a P85, when it turned up it was a +, they made the mistake and honored it, I ended up with 26k discount which back then was a ridiculous deal.

Sorry for the troubles OP... hopefully they will do something...

Edit... didn't read above and see they have resolved it.. glad it worked out.

Thanks for the nice words. It worked out fine. I just got off the phone with the executive who handled the escalation. She wanted status and I gave her detailed praise for the hard work of the delivery people (by name with examples of outstanding help) ....and of course my thanks and appreciation for her hard work to make things go from a bad start to a great delivery experience totally honoring their initial deal.

Reactions: ModelX
I'd be interested in hearing your theory for the motivation of a 3 year forum member making up this story.

Thanks JRP for your post. Yes I am a three year member. 2013 Blue Model S 85 (not a +). My new one is 2016 Blue (the color is lighter now) P100D with almost all options (no kidee seats). I have not posted much over the three year. Never much to add and I did not see the point in giving opinion on EVERY other post (surprised to see 4000 5000 7000 posts from a single poster - impressive). More to learn from listening/reading. Also not a big fan of boards where you are jumped on for not posting enough, posting too much, called a liar. There certainly is a lot of passion and bluster here. I did not have any reason to make up the story or embellish it (many people wanted more more more detail). Some wanted less. Very happy ending. Thank you for your observation.

Doing my proper due diligence and looking back at some of Mobster's other posts he does have a flair for the dramatic but I don't think he made up the facts of the situation. I can see how having the price jacked up $15K over the agreed selling price might get one a tad excited.

Thank you JRP. Yes it can get someone excited. But....I just was really sad that morning. I think I got more "excited" (I don't post here too much ...compare to those that have many many thousands of ideas and opinions posted...I read more)...anyway..more excited when the "vultures" come out and go crazy on a poster. "liar" "thief" "miscreant" "part of the Kennedy assassination plotters" (attempt at humor). That got me a bit "excited". Anyway, thanks and things worked out fine.

You WERE wrong in your statement that implied there was no way I was going to get resolution. I got it.

Now you're just making stuff up. If you read my posts, I said the exact opposite. In fact, in my first post to you here I told you to escalate your concern and you would get a resolution, although I added the cement boot joke to it:

Either way should get it done.

Here's me in another thread:

Can You Believe This......Big Problems With No Help, Attorney Time!!!

To the OP, you need to escalate your complaint as high as you can. I believe Tesla will make it right. Please keep us posted.

AND you were wrong concerning the outcome. I prevailed.

Again, quote me where I predicted the outcome?

You are wrong on the law and wrong about what you say about me. But for once it's nice having to PROVE I'm a fanboy. Hey all you people who called me a fanboy for years -- listen to @Mobster about me -- I said Tesla would not make it right according to him -- how about that?! So now I have to defend being a fanboy! @wk057 where are you now? See, I'm not a fanboy according to @Mobster!!! :)

(Actually, I am not a fanboy. People who know me know that I've held Tesla feet to the flame when they deserve it but if I only had dime for every time I've been called a fanboy here I could almost buy a Tesla! So it's so refreshing when @Mobster accuses me otherwise! Just because he is wrong on the law -- he's now desperately grasping at anything he can -- despite being wrong again).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I think I might have seen your car. Were you the 2nd blue P100D nearest the garage door at the Bellevue location on 20th?
Close ..... there were two as you mention on Wednesday (Delivery day)....mine was the first nearest the door. It looked like a family was taking delivery (I am guessing) of the one you describe. And again I am guessing. I only know about the blue one I was taking delivery on.

Close ..... there were two as you mention on Wednesday (Delivery day)....mine was the first nearest the door. It looked like a family was taking delivery (I am guessing) of the one you describe. And again I am guessing. I only know about the blue one I was taking delivery on.
Yah, that's what I said.. the one nearest the door was the one I suspected as yours. You picked left sometime between 3pm and 5pm, right?

The other blue one next to it was mine.

Now you're just making stuff up. If you read my posts, I said the exact opposite. In fact, in my first post to you here I told you to escalate your concern and you would get a resolution, although I added the cement boot joke to it:

Here's me in another thread:

Can You Believe This......Big Problems With No Help, Attorney Time!!!

Again, quote me where I predicted the outcome?

You are wrong on the law and wrong about what you say about me. But for once it's nice having to PROVE I'm a fanboy. Hey all you people who called me a fanboy for years -- listen to @Mobster about me -- I said Tesla would not make it right according to him -- how about that?! So now I have to defend being a fanboy! @wk057 where are you now? See, I'm not a fanboy according to @Mobster!!! :)

(Actually, I am not a fanboy. People who know me know that I've held Tesla feet to the flame when they deserve it but if I only had dime for every time I've been called a fanboy here I could almost buy a Tesla! So it's so refreshing when @Mobster accuses me otherwise! Just because he is wrong on the law -- he's now desperately grasping at anything he can -- despite being wrong again).

Grasping?? You take this too far. No reason to grasp. Such nonsense. I am happy with the outcome. So.... Ok out of all of this I am glad YOU identified yourself as the one who said "...attorney time..." The other "attack dogs" said it was me. All your other stuff is nonsense. Move on. I AM glad that if you get in a lot of tiffs you NOW seem to be putting it the face of people who have called you a "FANBOY". Good for you, mate. That seems VERY important to FA. Hopefully you see some progress with the "FANBOY" label problem as you fight on. My problem is solved so, even though I was hammered for not posting more in three years....it may be another three years before I post again (cheers heard from many). I will continue to read the informative posts and learn more from listening than talking. I can't post anywhere NEAR the 4000 - 7000 opinions some post. Anyone take time to drive the great car? Promise not to label you fanboy......unless......no wait.....won't do it........

No sorry. Cannot do it "exactly" because numbers and stories kept changing. We stayed TWO hours past closing as phone calls were made to "pricing team" - seemed like many. So..... I trusted Tesla through the confusion and repeated questions over and over with the main question being "how much cash do you want in the morning --- total total. (finance or cash) Customer Advocate/Adviser (salesperson?) even made a big deal about 1. You will get a great deal because there is big emphasis to sell these cars AND 2. "let's shake hands on this deal and congratulations on your new Tesla" Very nice young man that REALLY wanted to follow a process of continued calls (and emails/faxes?) to the "pricing team". (an hour before closing going on to just short of two hours AFTER closing! ) I have bought so many NEW cars in my 67 years that it really was starting to be reminiscent of what I had gone though in the past with the traditional sales person, and sometimes even a sales manager saying "I have to run these numbers by the boss!" However it was a world of difference from my first Tesla purchase which was also a demo - beautiful car. Per your question - no, eventually it had nothing to do with the trade in. That part is easy to set aside even though they early on apologized after giving me a "good news" trade in value only to cancel that out,and take less for the trade in - ok, no one likes to hear changes like that but I listened and agreed to their rational. (their words - everything over many hours sounded more and more like traditional "dealer" tactics 1.many trips to verify numbers by calling "the pricing team" -wherever they are; changing stories; and the next day when it was a big mess it went IMMEDIATELY to "will you buy this car?" "Will you buy that car?" while I was still in shock. We love Tesla and the brain has problems processing such a situation. Again..... a reminder of the "traditional" tactics. The "adviser" explained a number of times that mistakes were made by "the pricing team"; explained it is happening a LOT; and he would be happy if I escalated and got some action which would improve this ongoing problem (I have this in a recording AND there was veracity in this young man's narrative - I believe him). THEN.... the manager of the "store" called me and violated everything in my experience a manager should do to "de-escalate" a situation -combative - escalating instead of deescalating - suddenly blaming one lower level employee that I had witnessed doing everything he was supposed to do many times over - for hours and hours that night with the "pricing team" (I will do my best to cover this issue of being combative with a customer with Elon and district executives as a "training opportunity" for this manager and any other managers possibly if Tesla is overtaxed to the point of adopting new stress tactics.) I really dislike managers who choose to pick a patsy (when I asked the adviser what the manager had said originally - he told me the manager was on the phone getting advice on how to handle this - turned out to be find a single scapegoat and certainly not the "official" pricing team (adviser called them and our numbers "official"). The Bellevue manager then tried numerous times to blame the adviser. He did everything he could to get me in an argument to the point I had to ask him to stop it, and just give me what I had originally asked for that prompted his call - the escalation information...he still was a bit belligerent that escalation was futile (not even knowing what I might want to accomplish - but making assumptions). To his credit he did supply me with the two higher level management/executive contact info. And I have contacted Elon. Understanding he is a visionary tremendously busy with possibly little time for my recommendations.....even though he has helped me before on my first buy.
Take your case to the district attorney or county counsel. You should have rights under business and professions code 17200. Consumer affairs can also provide options

Ok out of all of this I am glad YOU identified yourself as the one who said "...attorney time..."

No, wrong again. I never said "Attorney Time" that's the name of the thread someone else made. If you can pay attention, I told him to escalate his concern and Tesla will make it right, just like I told you, but you said:

I answer questions that are appropriate and that will not jeopardize my case either in escalation/mediation or in a breach of contract suit. I know the law.

So remember, you said attorney time!

All your other stuff is nonsense. Move on.

Of course you have to say "nonsense" and "Move on" because you are clearly wrong on the law, and say I said things I never said, and when I ask you to quote me, you say this in reply:

I can't post anywhere NEAR the 4000 - 7000 opinions some post. Anyone take time to drive the great car?

Yes, I drive my car a lot. I have a cabin I go to most weekends with my family. I've put on over 60k in the past three years with my car. I also went to Europe with my family for a month in the summer, on a cruise during spring break, and I also run a law practice and have lawyers and staff that work for me. Sorry, but I barely drink, I don't do drugs, I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do garden a lot (can't do that in the winter although I do have three indoor aerogardens) and I have other hobbies, one of which is posting here. But nice shot at me and my post count. I guess when you lose arguments you try anything, and now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and that's a really nice try.... ;)

Next?

No, wrong again. I never said "Attorney Time" that's the name of the thread someone else made. If you can pay attention, I told him to escalate his concern and Tesla will make it right, just like I told you, but you said:

So remember, you said attorney time!

Of course you have to say "nonsense" and "Move on" because you are clearly wrong on the law, and say I said things I never said, and when I ask you to quote me, you say this in reply:

Yes, I drive my car a lot. I have a cabin I go to most weekends with my family. I've put on over 60k in the past three years with my car. I also went to Europe with my family for a month in the summer, on a cruise during spring break, and I also run a law practice and have lawyers and staff that work for me. Sorry, but I barely drink, I don't do drugs, I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do garden a lot (can't do that in the winter although I do have three indoor aerogardens) and I have other hobbies, one of which is posting here. But nice shot at me and my post count. I guess when you lose arguments you try anything, and now you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and that's a really nice try.... ;)

Next?

Next? Move on. If you think victory, cool. I took delivery I am happy. IMHO you get into a lot of arguments on a site where you post thousands and thousands of your "expert" opinions. Good for you. If thinking you are right and sneering makes your day I have helped. This is NOT a court or the People's Court. For many it is a place to get information. I have read for three years and not posted much. I stay away from the nonsense you get involved in that has people upset and calling you names.Now you can believe it or not. The world goes on. I am more than fine with a 2016 P100D with almost everything on it. Tomorrow I deal with moving a recording studio. Insane IMHO to post thousands of times and get into so many tirades. Move on. I will give details to a few on this board I know personally outside of this craziness. They will not go farther. In any case. IT DOES NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things. I just had spine surgery and it held more importance to me - feeling well enough to do some work on the studio. Having said that I am also thankful for the car. The Tesla exec who worked the escalation called me tonight and we had a long very pleasant conversation. Tesla can possibly be embarrassed by the details so you can rant and rave and not believe and that is fine. As I promised to share the general outcome...and did that.... I have made some promises to Tesla. Other promises I have kept have to do with making sure there is no retaliation against the original "Owner Adviser" (salesman).. and we talked about some of the "heros" who literally RAN during the entire delivery. (by name). Good luck. Have some fun.

I stay away from the nonsense you get involved in that has people upset and calling you names

Wrong again. Check out my profile. Over 1,300 likes and less than 100 dislikes.

If thinking you are right and sneering makes your day I have helped.

It's not "thinking" I am right. I've proved you wrong on every issue. You said things you claim I said and I asked you to quote me, and you can't. You are also wrong on the law. This isn't rocket science.

The world goes on.

Really? I thought it would end because of your thread. You really need to take a deep breath and calm down. Your rambling posts are out of control.

This is NOT a court or the People's Court.

Says who? ;)

(Don't take everything so seriously! Admit when you are wrong. It's crazy to think that a lawyer will tell you to post your disputes on a forum!)

Last edited:
Wrong again. Check out my profile. Over 1,300 likes and less than 100 dislikes.

It's not "thinking" I am right. I've proved you wrong on every issue. You said things you claim I said and I asked you to quote me, and you can't. You are also wrong on the law. This isn't rocket science.

Really? I thought it would end because of your thread. You really need to take a deep breath and calm down. Your rambling posts are out of control.

Move on. Sick mind. Pound your chest.

• Disagree
Reactions: CSFTN
Status
Not open for further replies.