Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost 50 / OEM Acceleration Upgrade Comparison Video

Would you watch a video comparing the Ingenext Boost 50 vs. the OEM Acceleration Upgrade?

• I would watch it, but I would probably hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would not watch it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were you able to directly compare with the Acceleration Boost? Just curious because I've seen a video where the Ghost module was quicker than a Model 3 Performance.

No you saw a video where they showed an uncalibrated race.

All ingenexts products do is fool the car into thinking it's a faster, existing, model. A ghost LR AWD will perform exactly the same as a comparable performance 3.

Just as an ingenext boosted LR AWD will perform exactly the same as a comparable Tesla-boosted one.

(and even the SR RWD module they sell just tells the car it's an LR RWD- though there might be some tiny measurable difference there since the weight is actually different due to smaller/lighter battery)

I was not. I don’t have an AB LR 3 with me.
I did however record a 0-100 time of 3.61 sec with battery at 90%, 12c outside. This is faster than the 3.7 sec100km with AB spec.

From 50kph to 150kph it’s also a rocket. The mid range also improved dramatically! Faster than my 2018 100D S was.

Ghost quicker than PM3…hmmm…could be driver error? But then again we don’t know exactly how much is unlocked with Ghost 🤷🏽‍♂️
Thank you. Just wondering about the Boost 50 because the Ingenext website says "improves throttle sensitivity: reduced response time".

This is the video I had watched.

Thank you. Just wondering about the Boost 50 because the Ingenext website says "improves throttle sensitivity: reduced response time".

And they are 100% correct at all speeds. Thriller response is amazing. Light foot required lol. As said, car feels 500lbs lighter immediately at all speed ranges.
The the PM3 will take it off the line but at mid to upper it’s literally neck and neck. And LR is the best range to boot :)

Nice video!

Reactions: JB from the AZ
No you saw a video where they showed an uncalibrated race.

All ingenexts products do is fool the car into thinking it's a faster, existing, model. A ghost LR AWD will perform exactly the same as a comparable performance 3.

Just as an ingenext boosted LR AWD will perform exactly the same as a comparable Tesla-boosted one.

(and even the SR RWD module they sell just tells the car it's an LR RWD- though there might be some tiny measurable difference there since the weight is actually different due to smaller/lighter battery)
What he just said 👆🏽

note the guy in the video was selling these upgrades, he has a significant bias toward making it look better than it is....he even disclaims the fact he's showing "two knuckleheads'" with bad reaction times there.

What makes it more obvious he's trying to make it look better than it is is in another part of the video (almost immediately after the races in fact)- he uses an actual calibrated measuring device on the ghost vehicle...but they don't do similar on the real P to get a REAL comparison.

And the ghost measured numbers are no better than what others have measured on a P...(most of the runs are worse in fact, but his best run at 3.27 assuming that's without rollout is pretty much "correct")

Yeah it's going to produce literally the same time, since all it's doing is reproducing the factory boost.

Every product they sell does that, just tricks the car into acting like a different, existing, car with the same motor(s).

One tricks a RWD SR into thinking it's a RWD LR
One tricks an AWD LR into thinking it's a boosted AWD LR
One tricks and AWD LR (with the 980 rear motor) into thinking it's a P.
Ok so I got the Boost50 from Ingenext and the wifi portal has a section where it shows last 0-60time. I'm getting 3.5s consistently no matter what SoC. I'm on stock 18" with aero covers. Yet Tesla AB is quoting 3.9 secs 0-60. Anyone have a good explanation? Are they being way conservative? Or is Ingenext wifi exagerating specs? Just doesn't add up. I'm not THAT awesome of a driver 😚

Ok so I got the Boost50 from Ingenext and the wifi portal has a section where it shows last 0-60time. I'm getting 3.5s consistently no matter what SoC. I'm on stock 18" with aero covers. Yet Tesla AB is quoting 3.9 secs 0-60. Anyone have a good explanation? Are they being way conservative?

Very, yes.

Tesla consistently understates the 0-60 of non-P vehicles and has for as long as they've existed- dishonestly so in fact (they include rollout for P cars and not for non-P ones-- they used to explicitly cite this fact on the Model S page but since removed it without changing the approach-- nobody else in the industry does this, everyone else measures the same way for all their vehicles).

They also list the non boosted AWD at 4.2, when if you measure it the way they measure the P it actually does 3.9 per car magazine (and dragy) testing.

To confirm this for AB cars- go look at the draggy leaderboards for cars with the Tesla AB.

~3.5 is exactly correct (some in the 3.4x range even) if including 1 foot rollout (nearer 3.7 otherwise).

Very, yes.

Tesla consistently understates the 0-60 of non-P vehicles and has for as long as they've existed- dishonestly so in fact (they include rollout for P cars and not for non-P ones-- they used to explicitly cite this fact on the Model S page but since removed it without changing the approach-- nobody else in the industry does this, everyone else measures the same way for all their vehicles).

They also list the non boosted AWD at 4.2, when if you measure it the way they measure the P it actually does 3.9 per car magazine (and dragy) testing.

To confirm this for AB cars- go look at the draggy leaderboards for cars with the Tesla AB.

~3.5 is exactly correct (some in the 3.4x range even) if including 1 foot rollout (nearer 3.7 otherwise).
I can state that my LR w/ingenext seems faster than my new MYP which is supposed to be 3.5. according to Tesla spec.

I can state that my LR w/ingenext seems faster than my new MYP which is supposed to be 3.5. according to Tesla spec.
@Destiny1701 I've seen MYP buyers who also / used to have M3LR+AB report the MYP doesn't pull as hard immediately off the line.

It's bizarre to me that there is any doubt about what the Ingenext modules do. It's very clear that Boost 50 == AB, Ghost == Performance. No more, no less.

Very, yes.

Thanks for that clear answer. Makes much more sense that way, and let's just say we prefer dishonesty by understating than overstating :)