Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have the Ingenext Boost 50 in my Oct 2018 LR AWD, and love it. I looked at the rear motor and found the blank info plate. How would I find out if I have a 980, and therefore able to do the Ghost upgrade?
I also have an Oct. 2018 LR AWD. My plate was blank also. I just got the Ghost upgrade last week and love it. There is like a 99% chance that you have the 980 motor. They told me before I bought it that they would refund my $ if it turned out that I didn't have the 980 motor. They would know during install. Give them a call. They can probably just connect with TeamViewer and let you know.

Reactions: Stellavator
Yes (unfortunately). I installed it on a phone and then removed it after the process was complete. FB Messenger is used to communicate with Ingenext while they are remoted into your Windows endpoint, so it's best to have another device for FB Messenger.

That's annoying, but I guess in the modern world that's the only possible communication channel. Reminds me of that scene where Kramer is trying to opt out of the mail. "What about your cards and letters? Email, telephones, fax machines, fedex, telex..."

Just ran my 1st Tesla software pdate since installing the Ingenext Ghost module. Went from 2021.36.8.8 (FSD Beta 10.5) to 2021.36.8.10 (FSD Beta 10.6.1). No issues. ✔😁
Good to know! I’m waiting on 10.6.1 to be pushed to me currently. We should all come back to this thread to let others know when we install new updates especially before Ingenext marks them on their website.

Reactions: shimmy
The "Safe Updates" Ingenext site is a bit misleading. If you see a Tesla software version listed there (for ex: 2021.36.x), and then a later version listed (2021.40.x), then any updates in between those versions are "safe" Therefore, anything 2021.36.X.X is considered OK to install. It is not necessary to wait for the specific version build to be listed before installing. This scenario was confirmed by Ingenext email support this morning.

Reactions: rlb4
The "Safe Updates" Ingenext site is a bit misleading. If you see a Tesla software version listed there (for ex: 2021.36.x), and then a later version listed (2021.40.x), then any updates in between those versions are "safe" Therefore, anything 2021.36.X.X is considered OK to install. It is not necessary to wait for the specific version build to be listed before installing. This scenario was confirmed by Ingenext email support this morning.
That’s news to me. Thanks for sharing! Mind sharing what exactly was said in that email? Only reason for asking is I saw they listed different versions of 36 and 32 previously so I wonder why the change or not properly notating it on that page.

the auto-open door feature on the boost 50 module is one of my favorite features - satisfied ingenext boost owner checking in

i wonder if ingenext will offer any "tunes" or different "maps" for their modules. I know its probably a liability issue but all you gotta do is tweak some values, im assuming

i wonder if ingenext will offer any "tunes" or different "maps" for their modules. I know its probably a liability issue but all you gotta do is tweak some values, im assuming

There's been no evidence they (or anybody) is capable of actually "tuning" the cars at all- just about telling the car it's a different stock-from-tesla config.

The boost 50 tells it you bought AB (if you happen to have a car capable of buying it)

The SR RWD boost tells it you bought an LR RWD.

The ghost tells it you bought a P (if you happen to have an LR AWD with the P hardware, as all the early ones had)

For those of you installed or considering install ignext module after your model 3 warranty expires. What milage does the car have to be excluded from Tesla factory warranty?
The warranty is 50,000 miles. I waited for warranty to expire but your drive system and batteries are I believe 100,000 miles.
This is great news. Thanks for clearing up any concerns.

Reactions: coolmanfever
There's been no evidence they (or anybody) is capable of actually "tuning" the cars at all- just about telling the car it's a different stock-from-tesla config.

The boost 50 tells it you bought AB (if you happen to have a car capable of buying it)

The SR RWD boost tells it you bought an LR RWD.

The ghost tells it you bought a P (if you happen to have an LR AWD with the P hardware, as all the early ones had)
I wish there was a slider that would read something like chill normal and sport.

Quick question: for the LRAWD Boost 50 module, when you put it in "drift mode" does that allow you to set front/rear bias similar to Track Mode? I assume traction control is disabled, but what about stability control? Is this a decent alternative to the MPP partybox for us LRAWD folks?