Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the jump and installed 2022.4.5 last night. First time I’ve updated a version before it made the safe list, but I just had to get the colorizer feature asap. 😎 It’s been on my wishlist forever since I wrapped my car. Good news, it updated without issues! I drove it over 80 miles today running around doing errands and all is fine.

In case you’re on mobile and can’t see my sig, mine is a 2018 with Ghost.
Excellent, thanks!

I'm on Ghost, updated to 2022.4.5 last Thursday night. No issues so far.
Awesome stuff.....
And just like that, They now approved the 2022.4.5

1644867842679.png

Glad I stumbled upon this thread, picking up my 2022 M3LR in a couple weeks, was thinking of getting the boost 50 shortly after, looks like no go with Ryzen. They should probably update their website to indicate module does not work with newest updates if that is the case.

Edit: Upon further review they do show a 2022 Ryzen option.....currently sold out =(.

how fast will the model 3 performance run with ghost or whatever update is possible? 0-60, 1/8th and quarter?

The only thing their products do is make an existing Model 3 config perform like another existing model 3 config (and that assumes you have the right hardware when it's relevant, like the ghost requiring the 980 rear drive unit)

So one makes an SR RWD perform like an LR RWD, one makes a LR AWD perform like a LR AWD with boost, and one makes a LR AWD perform like a P.

Since there's no existing trim higher than P to copy, there's nothing available to P owners.

Reactions: Suspect
The only thing their products do is make an existing Model 3 config perform like another existing model 3 config (and that assumes you have the right hardware when it's relevant, like the ghost requiring the 980 rear drive unit)

So one makes an SR RWD perform like an LR RWD, one makes a LR AWD perform like a LR AWD with boost, and one makes a LR AWD perform like a P.

Since there's no existing trim higher than P to copy, there's nothing available to P owners.
@Blacktes24 With the ghost upgrade on my MYLR, it ran a 7.7 1/8mile. Race starts at 2:55
Poor mustang really didn't have a chance.

Which one does that?

...edited to add:
I found it. It is a complex process that requires a specific motor type, two purchases, and two updates (the 50 and then a Ghost and a re-flash from the company).

Yup.

The early (all of 2018, and early 2019) LR AWD vehicles were physically identical to the P3D-, only difference is software-- so their module just tricks the LR AWD car into thinking that's what it is.

Mid-2019 they began putting a different, less capable, rear motor in non-P AWD vehicles, so you can't do that with those- only option for them is the module that tricks the LR AWD into thinking it bought boost (since that's available for both versions of the rear motor)

Which one does that?

...edited to add:
I found it. It is a complex process that requires a specific motor type, two purchases, and two updates (the 50 and then a Ghost and a re-flash from the company).
If you have an eligible LR AWD, you can jump straight to the Ghost with a single purchase and remote programming. That's what I did. I had contemplated getting the Boost through Tesla, but then came upon this. So I got stealth Performance for less than the Tesla Boost.

2019 SR+ on 2022.4.5 running Boost SR on 2.2.3.563 and have the dreaded incompatible modification alert. Emailed Ingenext and waiting for a reply, hoping it’s just a issue with the nice try module that needs updating. Anyone else had issues?

Attachments

• 3D1267F8-76EE-4FC7-AC9B-5736619EF42D.jpeg
    3D1267F8-76EE-4FC7-AC9B-5736619EF42D.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 135
2019 SR+ on 2022.4.5 running Boost SR on 2.2.3.563 and have the dreaded incompatible modification alert. Emailed Ingenext and waiting for a reply, hoping it’s just a issue with the nice try module that needs updating. Anyone else had issues?
can you still start up the car and drive the car when the incompatible modification notification shows up?

does the car go back to normal and the notification disappear once you unplug the boost module?

Just for some semblance - I have the same module and also have a ‘19 sr+, but I have not encountered the error as of yet.

I have been on 2022.4.5 since it was whitelisted by ingenext on their site.

Just curious - are you running any other mods (diy audio, other audio upgrades, basically anything that is tapping into power or audio)?

I have the HS diy audio activation cable, massage module and front and rear footwell lights installed also some trunk lighting, but nothing feeding off 12v power, just for reference.

Keep us posted on ingenext’s response please