Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone put a draggy to the M3 LR ingenext boost? I swear it’s faster than even AB from Tesla.

It's not.

And can't be, since all it's doing is copying the Tesla code.

Even in the Rich Rebuilds video where he's trying to make it LOOK faster than a P (by only comparing them in human vs human races- and then the "real" P car suddenly vanishes when the draggy comes out) the boosted LR only puts up the type of 0-60s you'd expect from stock AB (or maybe even a bit slower on a couple runs)

It's not.

And can't be, since all it's doing is copying the Tesla code.

Even in the Rich Rebuilds video where he's trying to make it LOOK faster than a P (by only comparing them in human vs human races- and then the "real" P car suddenly vanishes when the draggy comes out) the boosted LR only puts up the type of 0-60s you'd expect from stock AB (or maybe even a bit slower on a couple runs)
Then how do I explain my 1 hour back and forth against a new 2022 MS LR ? 🤷🏽‍♂️ I have no explanation other than 3 possible scenarios:

1. The MS wasn’t providing what it’s spec is
2. The M3 is providing more than the ingenext spec
3. Combo of both or one.

I’d like to say driver error but we cross drove each other car. Even my buddy said my M3 felt faster and throttle response was quicker 🤷🏽‍♂️

I know what you mean about copying tesla code but I’m at a loss here.
I need a draggy and do this again.

Last edited:
Then how do I explain my 1 hour back and forth against a new 2022 MS LR ? 🤷🏽‍♂️ I have no explanation other than 3 possible scenarios:

1. The MS wasn’t providing what it’s spec is
2. The M3 is providing more than the ingenext spec
3. Combo of both or one.

I’d like to say driver error but we cross drove each other car. Even my buddy said my M3 felt faster and throttle response was quicker 🤷🏽‍♂️

I know what you mean about copying tesla code but I’m at a loss here.
I need a draggy and do this again.

Humans are terrible measuring devices.

"Both of us literally floored the throttle same time"

There's no way whatsoever to know this unless you were using actual calibrated measuring devices-- in which case you'd have real #s instead of "it seemed like..." observations.

If your suggestion were accurate we'd see folks on draggy leaderboards putting up times in the low 3s with ingenext boosted cars.

We don't though. Every Model 3 in the low 3s is a P (or someone copying a P with the ghost upgrade, and putting up the same times as P owners).

The quickest non-P/non-ghost entries all start in the 3.5x or slower range-- just as you'd expect from boosted (either via tesla or inginerex) cars.

Not to mention if they were capable of actually modding performance instead of just copying tesla configs, they'd have an offering for the P to make it faster. And potentially one for the LR RWD as well.

They don't, because there's no faster Tesla-stock config for them to copy.

Is there a new update from ingenext for the Boost SR? If so, how are updates distributed? I’m waiting for the fog light option to be added, I was told it’s coming soon (it’s already available on bonus module) maybe it’s now available

Also, what’s the best method to update the boost sr firmware? Remove the module and connect to PC in the house, or leave it connected to the car and connect via laptop? If I remove the module, should I power down the car before doing so?

(This would be my first update post install)

AFAIK the motor and battery pack are mated, so you'd need to swap both- at which point just sell the whole car and buy a P.
They are mated.
A step of a 990 car to ghost is to marry the 980 rdu/inverter to the car, much like coding in bmw/vag/GM vehicles.

Yeah, no one should alter anything. If the manufacturer didn’t make it for you, it’s worthless and a clear danger to the world. 🤣👌

I mean, I've modded tons of cars... but always to do things they didn't already do in some version from the factory....

So when all you're swapping is to a config the MFG did (and still does) make it does seem like a waste of time, money, and warranty. But you do you.

That said-

They are mated.
A step of a 990 car to ghost is to marry the 980 rdu/inverter to the car, much like coding in bmw/vag/GM vehicles.

Do you have any examples of this having been done successfully? Last I recalled even when EG does motor swaps in a Model 3 they swap the battery pack as well due to the mating issue.

If there's now an easy way for anybody to pair a different motor to a battery I'd be curious to see it.

Is there a new update from ingenext for the Boost SR? If so, how are updates distributed? I’m waiting for the fog light option to be added, I was told it’s coming soon (it’s already available on bonus module) maybe it’s now available

Also, what’s the best method to update the boost sr firmware? Remove the module and connect to PC in the house, or leave it connected to the car and connect via laptop? If I remove the module, should I power down the car before doing so?

(This would be my first update post install)

I installed factory OEM fog lights last month and updated to the latest Boost SR firmware this week. There is now a button to turn on fog lights in the web console and it works as expected. I usually just power down the car from the Safety menu, then unplug the Boost SR module and take it to my laptop to update and put it back once complete.

Reactions: PauliePucks
I installed factory OEM fog lights last month and updated to the latest Boost SR firmware this week. There is now a button to turn on fog lights in the web console and it works as expected. I usually just power down the car from the Safety menu, then unplug the Boost SR module and take it to my laptop to update and put it back once complete.
Awesome! How did you get the update file from ingenext? I bought my boost sr used, but registered and paid the reprogramming fee with ingenext, so everything is copacetic with them and they linked the unit to my vin.

Could you also let me know the software version you’re on for the boost sr, I’ll reference it in my support email.

Thanks for confirming

I mean, I've modded tons of cars... but always to do things they didn't already do in some version from the factory....

So when all you're swapping is to a config the MFG did (and still does) make it does seem like a waste of time, money, and warranty. But you do you.

Do you have any examples of this having been done successfully? Last I recalled even when EG does motor swaps in a Model 3 they swap the battery pack as well due to the mating issue.

If there's now an easy way for anybody to pair a different motor to a battery I'd be curious to see it.
Lol warranty, what is that? you've modded tons of cars, you should know that warranty is byebye. 🤷🏿‍♂️

EG did a single motor to dual motor, they didn’t know about the “spine” of wires for the pack to fdu.

Yes, “anybody” can do it and many have done it. I’ll video tape one and send the Laserdisc over to ya via usps. 🤣😉

Lol warranty, what is that? you've modded tons of cars, you should know that warranty is byebye. 🤷🏿‍♂️

All the ones I modded were already out of warranty. But again- that was to do stuff you couldn't just buy a factory version of anyway. Not the case here.

Like If Chevy had sold a factory Impala SS with 500+ horsepower and a transmission that could hold it I'd have just bought one instead of buying a 260 hp one and swapping a built 383 stroker and a built TH400 in.

If Toyota had sold a 500+ hp MK3 supra I'd have just bought one instead of buying a 200 hp one and doing a turbo built engine/transmission swap.

And so on.

Nobody was selling what I wanted, so I had to do it myself, and end up with something you couldn't otherwise get.

But Tesla already SELLS every config you can turn another Tesla into. And unless you're buying salvage parts or a crazy high miles car it's generally not any cheaper to "make your own" than sell what you have and buy what you actually want.... So yeah, seems like a big waste of time and (if you have any left) warranty just to get something that already exists off the shelf.

Yes, “anybody” can do it and many have done it. I’ll video tape one and send the Laserdisc over to ya via usps. 🤣😉

If "many" have done it, surely you can more easily source the claim :)

Heck, if it's that easy why doesn't' Ingenext offer to sell 990 owners a kit for being able to do ghost upgrades with a 980 motor and instructions for pairing the battery with the new motor?

Reactions: tm1v2
🤦‍♀️

No. Literally, some of us are the reason that safe updates list exists.
Well, thank you for your hard work. Hoping to see the safe page updated to the 2022.4.5.16.

BTW, for you folks sitting on the bench for the Ghost purchase, the price has been slashed along with the unit now being plug and play. No need for them to log in to your laptop and do the upgrade.

Isn't there a finite # of non-P cars with 980 motors? Basically pre 2019 models? Once that pool is exhausted no one else can really use Ghost?

Well, those plus whichever non-P Ys got 980s too... but otherwise yes unless you buy that there's some simple way to swap 980s into 990 cars that's both easy and makes any financial sense.... (which again if that were true you'd think they'd offer that as a ghost+ kit or something)