Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got my update done tonight (they finally sent me the file) lubed my front brakes and got my fogs up and running. Love them!!!

Attachments

• 625609F1-49E7-44C9-A393-6C2ACAD82747.jpeg
    625609F1-49E7-44C9-A393-6C2ACAD82747.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 136
  • 0AB00AD9-69C0-4298-BE6C-38FE2413105D.jpeg
    0AB00AD9-69C0-4298-BE6C-38FE2413105D.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 82
  • EA599329-3BFC-483C-B408-77853B2EBCF6.jpeg
    EA599329-3BFC-483C-B408-77853B2EBCF6.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 87
  • EEFB5F20-A8B5-4E42-9EF9-833AEF57C1C7.jpeg
    EEFB5F20-A8B5-4E42-9EF9-833AEF57C1C7.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 75
Do you know if boost SR is also plug and play?

What does plug and play mean in the latest hardware?.
All modules are basically plug and play. Unplug the MCU top plug. Plug in the module harness into the MCU, then take the original MCU wire harness and plug into the newly purchase module.
1648059821441.png
. See the two white connectors.

That's all that is needed to be done to all modules except to the Ghost upgrade. They use to sell the ghost module with a usb plug. It use to require your laptop to be plugged in after the install so they could log in with team viewer and program the module. Now, they are all known as plug and play. No team viewer is required on the ghost module. It will auto program on it's own. The ghost is the only upgrade that requires the 980 type motor which is what is in all performance cars anyway. If the 980 motor is in the long range car, then the Ghost upgrade allows the car (with programing) to perform to it's full potential as if you were driving a performance variant.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
. The ghost is the only upgrade that requires the 980 type motor

This is not correct.

The SR upgrade requires both a 980 motor and non-LFP batteries... (because it's duplicating an LR RWD, which only ever came with a 980 and non-LFP batteries)

Product website said:
The Boost SR module increases the performance of the Tesla Model 3 SR+ with the 980 motor. The product does not work with LFP batteries

but otherwise yes unless you buy that there's some simple way to swap 980s into 990 cars that's both easy and makes any financial sense.... (which again if that were true you'd think they'd offer that as a ghost+ kit or something)

Ingenext does the inverter programming for 990-> 980 swaps. Quite simple really. Not quite sure what you think anyone has to gain from mentioning this in a thread of products you obviously don’t own.

Ingenext does the inverter programming for 990-> 980 swaps. Quite simple really.

Can you link to where on the website they offer, or even mention, this service?

If true- why do they not cite it below their "you must have a 980 for this product to work" notes? Seems like it'd be the ideal way for them to get more customers for such a service.

Not quite sure what you think anyone has to gain from mentioning this in a thread of products you obviously don’t own.

Not sure why you claim this is so easy/commonly done but keep being unable to cite a source while continuing to insist they exist.

I do own a boosted 980 BTW, just purchased from Tesla :)

Last edited:
I have the boost 50 and just bought the ghost upgrade now that it is plug and play, and on sale. Really excited.

Does anyone know if this is a new/different harness, or just a new module to plug into my existing boost 50 harness?
The wires looked the same between the two pictures (boost and ghost). Hard to make out anything else. Yes, that plug was a bear to get back in. What a deal to just add 700 bucks to upgrade.

I'm about to be extremely mad, I had a 980 rear motor (2018 LR Dual Motor) w/ acceleration boost. I planned on purchasing the ghost module to maximize the power, however it developed an isolation fault before I did so I brought it in to the SC. They replaced my rdu under warranty but apparently installed a 1521487-00-B 630 MOSFET unit. So now I'm guessing that I'm royally screwed out of getting the module, I guess at least they replaced it for free...

I'm about to be extremely mad, I had a 980 rear motor (2018 LR Dual Motor) w/ acceleration boost. I planned on purchasing the ghost module to maximize the power, however it developed an isolation fault before I did so I brought it in to the SC. They replaced my rdu under warranty but apparently installed a 1521487-00-B 630 MOSFET unit. So now I'm guessing that I'm royally screwed out of getting the module, I guess at least they replaced it for free...
that means its a 990?

for those who have installed ingenext boost 50,
How has the module been working for you? meaning, has tesla disabled any features or have you had any pop ups on your display? I’m looking to get one for my ‘22 LR but i’m afraid tesla might disable something or anything or they’ll see it if they run diagnostics on my car. $2000 is a lot and ingenext is running a sale right now

on a side note. how can you install a ghost module if the LR comes with a 990 and ingenext says it’s for a 989 dual motor and the SR is a rear wheel drive but comes with a 980.

your help is appreciated…

on a side note. how can you install a ghost module if the LR comes with a 990 and ingenext says it’s for a 989 dual motor and the SR is a rear wheel drive but comes with a 980.

your help is appreciated…
Some people got lucky and got Dual Motor cars with the 980 motor. The earlier your car was built, the more likely you got it. Very early Dual Motors were built in the same assembly line and they did not decide to make it dual motor or performance until they matched the car to a reservation number. When Ingenext first released this I remember Tesla made a real issue with it. They fixed the issue by making the hardware different. I'd imagine very few new Dual Motors are coming off the factory floor with Performance hardware these days.

When I picked up my car I specifically remember one guy saying he ordered performance but the car was Dual Motor, they took the car in the back and came out with it only maybe 10 minutes later with it flashed as a performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxy23
The switchover from 980 to 990 happened end of 2018/early 2019, but wasn't "complete" (ie there were still some dual motor non-ps made with 980 rears) through at least mid-2019.

AFAIK they haven't used the 980 in DM 3s since mid-late 2019.

They DID use it, for a while at least, in the initial Model Y production, don't know when that switched to 990 though.

And you can't use the ghost in a 990, that's the point- it needs a 980. 990 is limited to just the normal boost option in the dual motor and no option at all in the SR. One poster here claims it's easy to swap in a 980 and that ingenext offers this service, but after being asked multiple times to link to where they do so hasn't provided anything so I remain somewhat dubious it's "easy"...as otherwise it seems they advertise that service on the ghost page itself. (and the SR+ boost page since that too requires a 980)

Oh, and lastly, Tesla can 100% for sure tell you have this mod. Remotely even, no need for them to see the car in person to know.

The maker originally claimed they couldn't- which was obviously never going to be the case- and got caught on this being untrue and has since removed the claim.

See earlier in the thread for discussion on if Tesla knowing you did the mod matters or not.

that means its a 990?
Yes, as far as my research and Ingenext tells me it is a 990 because of the 630 MOSFET.

No ghost upgrade for me now, I may still get the bonus module for the drift mode though since I will be auto-xing the car. Ultimately I'm still happy with it, I just wanted to squeeze the extra 0.4-0.5 (ish) seconds out of it in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
Yes, as far as my research and Ingenext tells me it is a 990 because of the 630 MOSFET.

No ghost upgrade for me now, I may still get the bonus module for the drift mode though since I will be auto-xing the car. Ultimately I'm still happy with it, I just wanted to squeeze the extra 0.4-0.5 (ish) seconds out of it in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Looking on the bright side, better to have the DU fail and not get the ghost, than to have gotten the ghost and then have the DU fail and get to be the first guinea pig on how Tesla would handle warranty.

Got my Boost 50 for my 2022 M3 LR yesterday. It was a bitch to install. Unplugged the plug from the MCU and couldn't figure out how to get the ingenext plugged in. After 30 minutes of frustration, I followed the instructions Ingenext has on their website to remove the glovebox and airbag. This made it much better but still took a bit of effort to get the new plug installed. Much easier but I wouldn't say it is easy to remove it for Tesla service appointments. All I can say is WoW. I took it out for a quick drive and used my dragy to see the 0-60mph. Previously I was getting 4.25-4.35 seconds. Now its a consistent 3.77 seconds. Man does it pull hard now. Can't imagine how the ghost feels. Too bad I have the 990 motor.

Wow... $1596 for Ghost on my 2018 dual motor, AND its now plug-and-play? That's getting REALLY hard to resist! And to think I almost bit at the ~$1785 deal back in November.
I did purchase at November pricing and I enjoy it every moment of every drive. Yes at the $1596 price it really feels like a steal. Not having to schedule them to log in and do the program will make life so much easier. That evening when I got home I had about an hour before the appointed time. It was really difficult to get that plug back in the MCU and I felt I was racing the clock and not feeling good about getting done in time. Glad they were able to figure it out for the potential buyers.

Last edited: