Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intelligent Octopus Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Zappi charger and am unsure whether Octopus Go Faster or Intelligent Octopus is the right tariff for me.
The main thing that puts me off the Intelligent tariff is the reported issue of phantom drain.
Has this been resolved?
Thanks

How is it cheaper by £5/week? Genuine question, I guess you were charging in peak period on GO at times?

I like the idea of Intelligent Octopus, but with GO Faster from 2030, I can shift a good proportion of household usage into the same window whereas Intelligent 2330 I wouldn't be able to.

Using Octopus Compare app and looking at cost of base load and peak alongside standing charge, IO worked out £5/week cheaper than similar loads on Go, which I was on previously. There is a two hour longer low rate window on IO and that makes a big difference.

Reactions: btc1k
How is it cheaper by £5/week? Genuine question, I guess you were charging in peak period on GO at times?

I like the idea of Intelligent Octopus, but with GO Faster from 2030, I can shift a good proportion of household usage into the same window whereas Intelligent 2330 I wouldn't be able to.
Both the 2030 start slot and 3 hour slot Go Faster options were removed by Octopus some months ago. Anyone on those GO Faster options will be moved to regular GO when the renewal date (12 months) comes around. If you want remain on a GO Faster tariff you should contact Octopus when you receive your 45 day renewal notice to discuss the GO Faster options available.

Using Octopus Compare app and looking at cost of base load and peak alongside standing charge, IO worked out £5/week cheaper than similar loads on Go, which I was on previously. There is a two hour longer low rate window on IO and that makes a big difference.
You must have a huge amount of house load in that! £5 on my Octopus Go car charging is 100kWh, which is about 400 miles! So for it to be £5 more is hard to understand ... certainly can't be £5 a week cheaper for car charging!

Reactions: Rooster6655
You must have a huge amount of house load in that! £5 on my Octopus Go car charging is 100kWh, which is about 400 miles! So for it to be £5 more is hard to understand ... certainly can't be £5 a week cheaper for car charging!
Assuming peak 15p/off 5p I think you'd have to be averaging a load of 3.5kW across the 14 extra off peak hours for it to add up. Not inconceivable, especially if there's a heat pump and a car in the mix.

And that's before taking into account of the ad-hoc extra off peak slots over and above the 6 defined hours.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Does anyone know if this new octopus tarriff is going to work with a 3 pin charger for low mileage user? I’ve read about the tarrif loads and still have little knowledge about it. Just find it confusing to read.

Octopus go was never appealing because I only use a 3 pin and can’t make use of the few hours you get to charge your car in off peak?

Is this new tarriff a little more flexible for granny chargers?

Before anyone asks, on my normal tariff 3 pin is a dream, I only do 100 miles a week and I only really charge once due the day and night and it gets my charge back up so have no need for a fast charger.

Just want a way to save a bit more.

Forgot to turn off the smart charging and haven’t driven the car all week. Teslafi saying I’ve been losing close to 5% a day - was 54% Sunday evening, is 30% now. That seems worse than before when I was noticing some drop but not that much. Annoying

• Informative
Reactions: Tattersky
Forgot to turn off the smart charging and haven’t driven the car all week. Teslafi saying I’ve been losing close to 5% a day - was 54% Sunday evening, is 30% now. That seems worse than before when I was noticing some drop but not that much. Annoying
I'm having a similar issue, I use teslafi and can see something is not letting the car sleep. The only change I've made is OI.