Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS App climate control stuck on “Lo”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the last few days my iOS app is stuck on “Lo” when I try to precondition the temperature in the car before setting off. I can use the “Defrost” option to warm the car up but can’t change the temperature from Lo. And when I get into the car it remains on “Lo” until I change it on the touch screen.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions how to fix it?

Mine did that this morning. Waited a few seconds and it then showed the correct temp in the app. It was correct in the car. It was stuck on 22c in the app a lot over the summer which was more annoying as it changed it in the car so I had to keep changing it back to the correct temperature.

Reactions: Doudeau
I have the same exact problem using the Android app. It's happened a few times over the last few weeks. No idea how the "LO" setting got selected in the app, or how to disable that.
I'm seeing the same on the Android app, sets itself to 'LO' and doesn't want to change. Killing the app and restarting seems to fix the issue, although the app appears to be getting slower to respond with every update.

I get this too. Just speculating but I wonder if it could be because the cabin is really cold? (For the first time since getting the car I've had to leave it outside) and it's trying to slowly heat things up before allowing you to set a hotter temp?

I only have experience with the iOS app, what I see is "LO" in the Climate tab if I open that before the car has fully woken up. Once the car is awake the full range of settings are available.
👆no need to restart the app in my experience - just be patient (5-10 secs) and it becomes possible to raise temp from Lo to what you need.

It's even worse on 40.4. Interior and exterior temps are often showing 0c. But I can see interior temp that was set on the climate system last. It was showing correct interior/exterior temps and LO got stuck in the climate display for a short while instead.

Same problem here and it’s not just that the app is slow to respond - the AC compressors come on full tilt, even though (in winter) the cabin temp is already below freezing. I have to keep mashing the buttons until I can get it off LO. It should default to the last set temp at a minimum.

Same problem here and it’s not just that the app is slow to respond - the AC compressors come on full tilt, even though (in winter) the cabin temp is already below freezing. I have to keep mashing the buttons until I can get it off LO. It should default to the last set temp at a minimum.
Does your car have decent internet connectivity when you try and set the temp?

This has been temperamental for me in that it doesn’t always do more than set temp to Lo rather than the temp I want (21). What I’ve concluded is that it’s never an issue away from home and so I believe it’s due to, for me at least, the WiFi connection on my drive being weak. Elsewhere the mobile connection is good enough.

I have similar lack of connection to car (whilst on drive) for other commands such as setting charge limit.