Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRS raises maximum eligible price limit to $80k for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Proof you can’t please anyone for trying.

People were pissed when the prices dropped in one big jump. Now they’re pissed they’re creeping back up. 🤣

We just got pass through on a couple models of the BMW line up. iX 50e which in no uncertain terms has zero business qualifying imho, as well as the newly introduced volume model i4 35e (This one, I think should receive it)
this will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to buy now that prices are coming up higher again.

I do not qualify for rebates, so wondering if I should simply wait until rebate goes away in March. I have this odd feeling Elon is just pumping out cars to take advantage of these huge rebates before releasing new upgrades to stay competitive when %rates potentially go up in (April?), no ev incentives and the labor market shrinks or “softens”. This will be my first EV, so should I just grab a MYLR now while prices are low or hang tight and play the wait and see what’s next game?

I do not qualify for rebates, so wondering if I should simply wait until rebate goes away in March. I have this odd feeling Elon is just pumping out cars to take advantage of these huge rebates before releasing new upgrades to stay competitive when %rates potentially go up in (April?), no ev incentives and the labor market shrinks or “softens”. This will be my first EV, so should I just grab a MYLR now while prices are low or hang tight and play the wait and see what’s next game?
IMHO, go get your MY. You obviously wanted it and the price is hard to beat. They are a hoot to drive. Enjoy the car as soon as you can.

Reactions: GoVols!
IMHO, go get your MY. You obviously wanted it and the price is hard to beat. They are a hoot to drive. Enjoy the car as soon as you can.
Thanks. I have over analyzed and reviewed comments on here trying to learn as much as possible and have come back with a couple concerns as to why I was thinking of waiting. The lack of sensors for parking in tight underground garage spots and missing rear traffic/pedestrian detection alerts as the rear window is very small and more so when you have people sitting in the 2nd row. I’m not in a big hurry if the wait means the next HW update, mostly the upgraded 5mp cameras. Not sure how real that information is based on loose “reports”.

Thanks. I have over analyzed and reviewed comments on here trying to learn as much as possible and have come back with a couple concerns as to why I was thinking of waiting. The lack of sensors for parking in tight underground garage spots and missing rear traffic/pedestrian detection alerts as the rear window is very small and more so when you have people sitting in the 2nd row. I’m not in a big hurry if the wait means the next HW update, mostly the upgraded 5mp cameras. Not sure how real that information is based on loose “reports”.
If I could do it over again, I would wait for the radar and HW4 to come regardless of the few thousand potential savings.

I think you should wait. The later you buy, the better the hardware and software will be, generally. If the prices go up, that’s not a big deal for you since it sounds like you can easily absorb the price difference with your income.

I can certainly absorb the increased price but I’m still a frugal spender...most of the time Lol
Unless you are adding fsd, why wait? The current hardware should be enough for Auto Pilot. If Tesla can truly can replace cross traffic and parking with cameras, they should be able to do it with the current setup. However, I don't think it can be done at the same level as other cars without adding something additional like some unique radar feature. And this is the reason why I think Tesla has really fumbled on this issue.

Unless you are adding fsd, why wait? The current hardware should be enough for Auto Pilot. If Tesla can truly can replace cross traffic and parking with cameras, they should be able to do it with the current setup. However, I don't think it can be done at the same level as other cars without adding something additional like some unique radar feature. And this is the reason why I think Tesla has really fumbled on this issue.
Yeah, I hear you. I have no desire to spend $15k for a software add unless absolutely works to it’s given potential. Not one for paying to be a beta tester.My goal for car is to relax on my 150mi. Hwy trips to nearby and not use AP around town. I was under the false impression the HW4 was to add new cameras for better obstacle awareness whether you had standard AP and or FSD.

Yeah, I hear you. I have no desire to spend $15k for a software add unless absolutely works to it’s given potential. Not one for paying to be a beta tester.My goal for car is to relax on my 150mi. Hwy trips to nearby and not use AP around town. I was under the false impression the HW4 was to add new cameras for better obstacle awareness whether you had standard AP and or FSD.
If everyone needs HW4 to have basic autopilot, cross traffic alert, and parking sensors to work properly, then all current owners are totally screwed. Lol.
I have been trying to gleam info out about these points on this site. The common response has been mostly snarkiness. This leads me to believe that no one truly knows or it would have been in the replies. And that gives me pause

If everyone needs HW4 to have basic autopilot, cross traffic alert, and parking sensors to work properly, then all current owners are totally screwed. Lol.
I have been trying to gleam info out about these points on this site. The common response has been mostly snarkiness. This leads me to believe that no one truly knows or it would have been in the replies. And that gives me pause
I think because no one really knows. We do know Elon made the remark at the last earnings Q&A that if HW3 FSD is 200-300% safer than human that HW4 might be 500-600% safer. So of course HW4 will be more advanced but Musk promises FSD will be fully functional on HW3. But from his comment it seems that it won't be nearly as good as what a HW4 car can do with it.

A lot of info. flying around to confuse us newbie potential owners. I feel like the Tesla website is a bit misleading when it mentions certain features without giving much detail about them. For instance, it states the standard feature of 360 view but when I test drove the MYLR it did not have it. This is very misleading for new buyers if they don’t have an opportunity to test drive or jump on these forums.

I think because no one really knows. We do know Elon made the remark at the last earnings Q&A that if HW3 FSD is 200-300% safer than human that HW4 might be 500-600% safer. So of course HW4 will be more advanced but Musk promises FSD will be fully functional on HW3. But from his comment it seems that it won't be nearly as good as what a HW4 car can do with it.
Most of us do not want fsd. It didn't work when Musk was hawking it 5 years ago and it hasn't improved much. I am talking about basic safety features that would be impossible to produce with a camera. Unless the new Tesla has a camera embedded in its grill there is no way Vision can reproduce the parking that iss used to do.

There was a stat once that most car collisions came from parking lots. That number was reduced when they started adding in cameras, radar, and iss.

Autopilot is fine with me and that is all I need. It really helps with my 3 hours round trip commute that I do 2/3 days a week. Paying $6000 for changing lanes seems silly to me. Would I use it, probably, but not at that price. By the time HW4 comes out, HW5 will be on the horizon. Waiting for technology is silly. I heard HW6 will come with a customizable AI chauffeur that will also do household chores. ;)