Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is ambient light buzzing resolved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from Tesla that a FW update is coming which should fix the buzzing; as I've heard that before (cynical me) I spoke to our local sevice manager and told him about this thread and possible hardware fix...he's ordering parts so we'll see what happens.

I have a theory on what caused this experience. When the doors are opened, the ambients (probably at full brightness) display without the buzzing. Only when the doors are closed and you're in "doors not recently open" mode does the buzzing happen for me. While the update is underway, your ambient lights were probably in the "doors recently opened" mode of full brightness and hence no buzzing.

I know this was old but I was testing this out over the weekend (after a request from Tesla to check on the buzzing) and the buzzing stays the same regardless of whether the doors are open or closed. Also noted that all four doors buzz although the footwell ambient lighting does not.

FW updates have not fixed the buzz as Tampa service was hoping and replacement lights were ordered pre-Christmas; fronts are in stock but they are waiting on the rear door lights before my car will go in to have all replaced in one job.

Ditto on the ambient lights. They got replaced yesterday with "new LED strips"; I have no idea if the old ones were LED...

Took a while to get the parts but I'm really happy with our Service Center (as always!).

My ambient lights were replaced last week and the Signature buzz is now a thing of the past. All know issues have now been resolved completely. Tesla is the only car company I know of that keeps working on an issue until it is resolved. Had many cars with a rattle in dash and it was only fixed when we sold it!

Great work Tesla.

Damn, I'll have to remind my SC again next time my car is in. It was in this week for a new battery (car died on Monday and needed battery to fix). Every other time I have been in I remind them about ambient lights, but this time I did not!

Bump.

I know this is old but was wondering if anyone knows if this was ever resolved? I noticed buzzing is back (not sure if it was gone before, but do not recall it) after changing my door handle and am wondering if that's a coincidence or there is something that I could have done (I plugged the puddle lights and ambient into the wrong spots initially) that may have caused it?

Did Tesla ever issue a software fix/anyone have any updates on how to fix it themselves? It's so frustrating hearing a buzz at night while driving with ambient lights on. =/