Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone using a screen protector on the display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i actually didnt even know that the original screen was brilliant! I only found this out the other day when i looked at another model 3s screen and the colours really popped. I have never actually seen my screen without the matte protector - first thing i put on the car. lol.

The matte screen is so much more superior in sunlight. i think at night id prefer the brilliant/clear screen though.
Same here And +1 on Spigen due to the perfect install setup they have created.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I’ve been happy with screen protectors for my cameras my phones and my Tesla from this company. I’ve always been very happy with the quality.

I have the clear version and I’m very happy with it.

I also have the clear version and I'm very happy with it. Most of the time, I forget that there's a protector on at all since it makes no negative impact at all on touch, scrolling, pinching/zooming, etc. Being more resistant to finger prints alone has been well worth it. Another plus is the peace of mind when my wife starts stabbing and swiping at the screen with her longer finger nails :).

If there is one thing I could have on my wish list, it would be a screen protector that also incorporates some kind of bumps, indentations, and/or different texture to indicate where the climate controls are. I have to adjust temps often and I've never been able to do it well while moving without having to take my eyes off the road. It's not the best experience. Any kind of aid that helps with finding those controls easier would be awesome (voice control sucks).

Reactions: Jejunjm
Same here And +1 on Spigen due to the perfect install setup they have created.
I agree with everyone about the Spigen matte screen protector! Super easy install (just make sure to really take your time in cleaning and making sure there is no dust on the screen). Definitely enjoy the reduced glare and the different feel/texture it has.
I originally did not plan on putting a tempered glass on it, but using a windshield sunshade that unfolds by "snapping" open sometimes hits the screen when i'm not paying attention, made me buy the screen protector after the first time it happened 😅

Spigen is good, but it definitely does blur the fonts/screen compared to a clear glass one. I might switch back in the near future to one of the glossy ones.

The feel/texture and reduced glare is great, but clarity, not so much, although I've gotten used to it. Also, feel the brightness is dimmed as well with the Spigen matte.

Reactions: jarvm
Spigen is good, but it definitely does blur the fonts/screen compared to a clear glass one. I might switch back in the near future to one of the glossy ones.

The feel/texture and reduced glare is great, but clarity, not so much, although I've gotten used to it. Also, feel the brightness is dimmed as well with the Spigen matte.

Yes there are definitely compromises with the matte, but to me the pros outweigh the cons.

Tim

I still have the thin factory plastic on my display, thinking about a glass screen protector. Definitely don't want the matte glass that I see, I like the regular clear glass. Who makes the absolute best?

Thx
Never used one. After 2 years my screen is still pristine after a gentle cleaning. Unless you have young kids or eat and drink in the ar a lot, I can't really see the need. A phone? Sure, it's battered and thrown all over the place. In your car? Put it the way, do you have a screen protector on your home TV?

Reactions: techlogik
Never used one. After 2 years my screen is still pristine after a gentle cleaning. Unless you have young kids or eat and drink in the ar a lot, I can't really see the need. A phone? Sure, it's battered and thrown all over the place. In your car? Put it the way, do you have a screen protector on your home TV?
A bit of apples and oranges. Do you interact with your tv through touch or via remote? I'm guessing the latter. Similarly, in cars without touch screens, I had never put on screen protectors either.

A bit of apples and oranges. Do you interact with your tv through touch or via remote? I'm guessing the latter. Similarly, in cars without touch screens, I had never put on screen protectors either.
True but I don’t see the advantage of getting a screen protector dirty with fingerprints vs the original screen .. you still end up with the same cleaning chores.

True but I don’t see the advantage of getting a screen protector dirty with fingerprints vs the original screen .. you still end up with the same cleaning chores.

its not just about protection. Making smudges less visibile and producing less glare particularly in the far northern or far southern hemisphere is important too.
I do think this is less of an issue in the (mid/southern) USA but once you get to canada/europe level you have to deal with low sun quite a bit in the year and that does produce glare.

Abstract Ocean clear for over 2.5 years. Looks great even after accidently bumping/scraping a MacBook Pro a few times into the screen while working from the car.

There's a big bubble in the upper-right corner I've been unable to remedy, but it's off to the side enough that I never notice. One day I'll find the time to replace it properly with replacement they sent.

IMG_20190220_172040292.jpg

PXL_20210703_220357123.jpg