Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is now a bad time to buy a MS75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone - like the title says. I'm ready to put down the deposit on a MS75D. I know there's another thread called "looking for gossip", but I figured I'd make one more to the point.

I'm asking because a few years ago, I bought an iPhone 5s, and everyone at work said why the heck did you do that? The iPhone 6 is about to be released? Are you stupid? And I felt stupid.

I don't want my MS75D to be another iPhone 5s. I get that there are no sure answers. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I plunk down $90k.

Thank you!

You'll get another iPhone 5s no matter what!!!

New hardware is being implemented all the time, the latest and greatest being the new 17" center screen computer (leaving a whole bunch of people iPhone 5s'ed). What's the next thing who knows. New autopilot computer? New autopilot sensors? New seat types? New dashboard design? It's all rumored - few knows what's coming or when it will be released

I agree. You can buy the latest "now" or wait for another release, or wait again because that release is about to be updated...rinse and repeat until you Never jump in. Buy the best car ever made - now. Drive it and every few months it will become a better car. In a few dozen years, it will be worn out and you can then buy the -then- latest and greatest.

Reactions: Ciaopec
New MCU just released and now available on all new orders. That's a significant update. The interior refresh would be worth waiting for if we knew that it was coming soon. Unfortunately no one knows for sure, could be next week, could be next year.

Okay - these are great points! I do see features "disappearing" and new ones appearing.

One other point is if you order now and use a referral code that hasn't been used yet you'll get unlimited free supercharging for life and a $500 service and parts credit at Tesla. I take delivery tomorrow and have an unused referral code Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty . That's the link to the code the code number is keith22821.

Re: the referral code - does yours nave the $500 accessories? Or just the Extended solar Warranty?

Hi Everyone - like the title says. I'm ready to put down the deposit on a MS75D. I know there's another thread called "looking for gossip", but I figured I'd make one more to the point.

I'm asking because a few years ago, I bought an iPhone 5s, and everyone at work said why the heck did you do that? The iPhone 6 is about to be released? Are you stupid? And I felt stupid.

I don't want my MS75D to be another iPhone 5s. I get that there are no sure answers. But I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I plunk down $90k.

Thank you!

Refresh, update, blah, blah. I just got my S75D on Saturday and it is SPECTACULAR.

Run, don’t walk, to get it. Or just sit and order it online. :)

Okay - thanks everyone. I'll definitely use the referral for free superchargers for life and $500 on accessories. I want to get the all weather mats, center console (lol to a center console not included on a $90k car!), and I need roof cross bars for all my roof rack accessories. That's definitely over $500...

AP2 appeared about a month after I took delivery of our refreshed 75D. My understanding is that AP2 folks have reached parity with features that I've been using since delivery. I got a color that is no longer available, a solid roof that is no longer available, and coil springs that are no longer available.

Prior to delivery I worried about the same things you've talked about. Since delivery I enjoy the car and don't worry about the features I don't have that newer cars do have. And I particularly enjoy the features I have that newer cars don't.

Reactions: Brettski
Okay - thanks everyone. I'll definitely use the referral for free superchargers for life and $500 on accessories. I want to get the all weather mats, center console (lol to a center console not included on a $90k car!), and I need roof cross bars for all my roof rack accessories. That's definitely over $500...

A center console definitely comes with the basic configuration, unless that changed since I got mine a year ago, but I doubt it.

A center console definitely comes with the basic configuration, unless that changed since I got mine a year ago, but I doubt it.

Yea, a bunch of people already corrected me with PMs. The Tesla accessories page says the center console is a “standard option”, which are two directly conflicting words, at least as far as automotive accessories go. I stand corrected that it is not an option; it is standard.

That actually allows me to get full weather mats all around plus both trunks for $500. I found that Thule also makes a compatible cross bar so I’ll be getting that.

Now I’m reading articles that Tesla will cease to exist in 12 months because they’re going to run out of runway before they can raise more funds. Need to stop reading.

Personally I would buy a decent used MS - whatever you will lose money by the bucket load but tbh a 3 year old MS could be a BETTER car than a new one.

That's what I did. I bought a CPO X with AP1. I knew it was AP1 and that it was a generation behind but the money I saved was worth it and I'm not mad like I would be if I bought new and an upgrade was released a week or month later that I wish I waited for. I KNOW what I'm buying and I'm find with it.

People forget how thrilling ANY MS is to own and drive - a year on I STILL get excited about my P85 and friends who are petrolheads are simply amazed when they get driven in it. I honestly get a smile on my face when I go out in my P85 as it is SO fast, SO responsive, So sexy and SO the future! I will get an extended warranty and when my car is 8 years old it could be a classic and actually increase in value!