Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anything on the Mach-E that you liked BETTER than your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like for the most part Ford is only matching Tesla specs/features. Is there anything that seems BETTER than Tesla? I am just trying to think why someone would pick Mach-E over Model Y (aside from being a Tesla-hater or Ford-lover).

The single dial on the screen seems creative, but the scroll wheel on the steering wheel has been fine for volume control on my Model 3.

It does have the full $7500 tax rebate...

My Dad and I were hard core mustang guys. I spent my summers in college going to swap meets and buying and selling Mustang and mustang parts. I own 2 1968 CA Special mustangs and a '72 convertible that I drove in college. I am a mustang guy.

I drive a Model S and I love it. I don't think the Mach E should have been called a Mustang. It is confusing and doesn't fit.

To answer your question, from the pictures I really like the cockpit of the Mach E. It looks great, but will need to sit in one before I can be sure. That said, I will keep driving my S and my next car will almost certainly be a Tesla.

Reactions: elyliu
The choice is not Ford or Tesla. The important choice is EV vs. Gasser.

On this point the Ford is a huge step forward in transitioning the world to electric personal transportation.

Tesla is not capable of manufacturing enough Model 3/Y to meet the demand. Having Ford add another manufacturing plant in N. America will only be a positive move.

Biggest positive will be the thousands of local Ford Dealerships available to show room the car, offer test rides, take trade ins, provide financing and offer additional service centers.

Another bonus is that now an additional 100,000 EV customers will become eligible for the full Federal Tax Credit.

Believe that Elon is quietly smiling to see giant Ford enter the marketplace with a pretty good offering.
While they are competitors in the marketplace, they are Brothers in the cause.

Ford is not quite up to spec with Tesla, but thousands or additional customers will be induced to make their next purchase an EV.

Good to see Ford stepping into the future.

GM, who had the first consumer acceptiable EV, and the significant first mover advantage, is no where to be seen :(

I'd add CarPlay / Android Auto support.

THIS.

Oh and sirius, I thought I saw sirius on it. I haven't seen a way to get that on our M3 but then again, we are still learning.

Get the Sirius XM app on your phone and stream to your car. That's a much cheaper option than getting multiple subscriptions on different cars.

The Siruis app stinks for daily use. It crashes a lot. Plus I have cell phone connectivity issues on my daily commute so would love REAL satellite radio integration.

I also like that Ford has probably 3 dealerships between me and my nearest Tesla service center. Wouldn't have to drive so far for service.

But I dont like crossovers, so that is really the bigger issue for me why I wouldn't get one.