Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is uncorking 75D unfair to 90/100D owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This question is based on the false notion that the selling party in a transaction has a responsibility to provide more than what was agreed upon at the time of the transaction.

What is "fair" to a 90D/100D owner is to receive the product agreed upon at purchase, and to pay the agreed upon price.
That is contractually correct, but it is good business to foster loyalty and brand satisfaction in ones customers, even after the initial transaction.

Fairness is what you pay for is what you get. What happened here is, Tesla was "unfair" to themselves and made every 75D more competent since facelift with the intention to eventually making them faster (which happened few months ago).

We have to understand that no other car manufacturers do this, put parts in for futureproof OR revisit a car feature after it left the production line.

Elon is not trying to jaded anyone here, this just show if he can make something better, he will do so at his cost.

On the flipside, if this didn't happen and as Model 3 increases, these threads will read why is my 75D which cost more than double is the same speed as Model 3.

Increasing value of 75's helps a 90/100 value as well. Think about it the other way, if used 75's were available cheap for $25K, what do you think a used 90/100 would fetch? No way people will pay $50K for a used 90 if they could get a used 75 for $25K.
why would someone pay up for a 90 when they can get pretty close to the same levels of performance and range in a 75? your baseline is screwy and skews the comment.

I can't blame you for trying to get something for nothing but if you wanted a feature you should have bought the package that includes ambient lighting

Uncorking gives something for nothing. I want ambient lighting.

BTW, I'm happy to pay for it as an add on but Tesla doesn't offer that option yet, as you're no doubt aware, Tesla now bundles lots of options together. I don't want sub zero, I don't want auto presenting front doors, I don't want premium sound but the ambient lights are already in my car but I'm just missing the software switch.

why would someone pay up for a 90 when they can get pretty close to the same levels of performance and range in a 75? your baseline is screwy and skews the comment.

We bought 90D because it was the car we could afford with the range we wanted. 100D was announced but we still kept the 90D on order to get the custom interior options and ventilated seats.

I think this is nothing compared to the full self driving we paid for that we never got.

We bought 90D because it was the car we could afford with the range we wanted. 100D was announced but we still kept the 90D on order to get the custom interior options and ventilated seats.

I think this is nothing compared to the full self driving we paid for that we never got.
this is about the uncorking of 75's that increased the capabilities of a 75 closer to the level of a 90, and those who are fortunate to get better performance for FREE, which IMHO diminishes the value of the 90-100 premium paid for the buyers of those cars the increased performance of our cars versus the lower cost 75.
your issues, while not meaningless are irrelevant to this topic.

this is about the uncorking of 75's that increased the capabilities of a 75 closer to the level of a 90, and those who are fortunate to get better performance for FREE, which IMHO diminishes the value of the 90-100 premium paid for the buyers of those cars the increased performance of our cars versus the lower cost 75.
your issues, while not meaningless are irrelevant to this topic.

Today you would not get a 90D but in late 2016 when we placed our order it made sense with range and perf.

You can’t look back and say past decisions don’t make sense given the new knowledge and available performance.

So no regrets. Not mad at others getting more power. Except FSD, That I should have waited on.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Today you would not get a 90D but in late 2016 when we placed our order it made sense with range and perf.

You can’t look back and say past decisions don’t make sense given the new knowledge and available performance.

So no regrets. Not mad at others getting more power. Except FSD, That I should have waited on.
my only complaint is that one class of user is getting a nice freebie, while another class is getting nothing and having the value of their purchase eroded.

That is contractually correct, but it is good business to foster loyalty and brand satisfaction in ones customers, even after the initial transaction.
If you think people will turn away from Tesla because they uncorked some 75 D owners - you have a very different idea of what fosters "customer loyalty" than the rest of us.

If the P85 customers are the ones most affected, I can add a voice to that as a P85 owner. Love the car. It's no different than it was before someone else got their car uncorked; that is, it's exactly the car I bought almost 4 years ago. The depreciation argument is economically unsound and has not shown itself in CPOs or preowned sales as far as I can tell. Happy to be educated on that with some real data, though.

Until then, I'm going to continue to attribute anyone's complaint to envy.

Similar enough.
In today's business culture to be 'fair' is generally accepted to be more than just serving the initial transaction.
It would be possible to make a case that it's 'unfair' for some customers to get a reward which is withheld from other, in the context of an ongoing customer relationship.

This position is based on the equivocation of the concept of "fair" with the concept of "customer satisfaction/happiness." This is the fundamental intellectual failure in the line of reasoning, which tends to lead to invalid emotional responses to a flawed argument (which can be observed in this thread). I recommend reviewing the above concepts to understand the fallacy.