Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost the post when I was ridiculed when I said that Netanyahu (and with him many Israeli citizens) did not, in fact, seek a two-states solution.
But he actually said himself:
At the Tel Aviv press conference, Netanyahu is asked by a reporter why he did not withdraw from the Oslo Accords, given that he keeps criticizing them.
“I inherited the Oslo Accords,” he says. “The decision to bring the PLO from Tunis, and plant it in the heart of Judea and Samaria [West Bank], and in Gaza, was a decision made and implemented before I became prime minister. I thought it was a terrible mistake and I still do.”
Turning on the reporter, he says: “You and your journalist friends have been blaming me for almost 30 years for putting the brakes on the Oslo Accords, and preventing the Palestinian state. That’s true,” he says.

Source:

And here a TIME article about the decades-long practice of detaining Palestinian children in Israel prisons:

With conflict in Gaza entering its third month—and instances of violence spilling over into the West Bank—the harrowing reality of Israel’s systematic detention of Palestinian children has been thrust into the spotlight.
The extent of the issue was made clear during the seven-day ceasefire between Nov. 24 to Nov. 30 which saw 105 hostages held by Hamas—both Israelis and foreign nationals—released in exchange for 240 Palestinian women and children. The deal, which was brokered by Qatar and Egypt and took place across six exchanges, raised questions about why so many children were being held in Israeli prisons. The reality is that the most common charge against children is throwing stones.
An estimated 10,000 Palestinian children have been held in military detention over the past 20 years, with Save the Children noting that they are “the only children in the world who are systematically prosecuted in military courts.” As of Nov. 20, Israeli forces had arrested as many as 880 Palestinian children this year, a practice made possible under Israel’s draconian military laws.

Source:

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
And here a TIME article about the decades-long practice of detaining Palestinian children in Israel prisons:

With conflict in Gaza entering its third month—and instances of violence spilling over into the West Bank—the harrowing reality of Israel’s systematic detention of Palestinian children has been thrust into the spotlight.
The extent of the issue was made clear during the seven-day ceasefire between Nov. 24 to Nov. 30 which saw 105 hostages held by Hamas—both Israelis and foreign nationals—released in exchange for 240 Palestinian women and children. The deal, which was brokered by Qatar and Egypt and took place across six exchanges, raised questions about why so many children were being held in Israeli prisons. The reality is that the most common charge against children is throwing stones.
An estimated 10,000 Palestinian children have been held in military detention over the past 20 years, with Save the Children noting that they are “the only children in the world who are systematically prosecuted in military courts.” As of Nov. 20, Israeli forces had arrested as many as 880 Palestinian children this year, a practice made possible under Israel’s draconian military laws.

Source:
“Children” in my service era:
1702942968508.png

Reactions: FireFighterHil
There are 12 years-old in Israeli prisons, and younger.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/us/newport-news-student-shot-teacher-warrant/index.html
Even six year olds can be dangerous.
Can we stop with this "whataboutism"?

I think we all know both sides have contributed to the conflict, and apparently we have differing opinions about who is "how much more" responsible, but I just don't think a forum like this is going to reach any moral Eureka moment on resolving that issue.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/08/us/newport-news-student-shot-teacher-warrant/index.html
Even six year olds can be dangerous.
Can we stop with this "whataboutism"?
I get really really mad when Israeli children are viewed for what they are (children), but Palestinian ones are always violent teens.
Do you want me to post the pics of dead children I see everyday on X?

(btw, I've seen with my own eyes a 18-year old Israeli soldier blocking hundreds of people at Qalandia check point with almost 40° (celsius) and just using Snapchat when 70-years old Palestinians had to wait under the sun, and this one in countless examples of violence from the Israeli side).
I think we all know both sides have contributed to the conflict, and apparently we have differing opinions about who is "how much more" responsible, but I just don't think a forum like this is going to reach any moral Eureka moment on resolving that issue.
It's not.
My only useless role here is to put some links to info and documents that go against the mainstream narrative that Israel is always totally and completely justified in its actions, and Palestinians are always to blame for everything: all the violence, all the tragedy, all the deaths.

Another case in point: a letter from the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem (hardly an Hamas supporter...) saying that IDF snipers murdered two Christian women inside a church in Gaza and a IDF rocket targeted a convent.
In Christmas time! You gotta love the irony.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 18.23.05(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-16 at 18.23.05(1).jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Gaza hospital director admits Hamas used medical complex as operational hub​

Ahmed Kahlot says doctors, nurses were members of al-Qassam Brigades and Islamic Jihad’s Quds Brigades; three soldiers killed in northern Gaza, IDF kills top Hamas money launderer​

This may well be true. But only some newspapers decided to break the news. I don't find it in the NYT or the WP, for example.
1703082117373.png

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz