Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It looks like I have LTE enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How snappy is the UI, any new processor also, or just the wireless module that is changed?

If you have experience from some older test car to compare that would be great, but otherwise - how responsive is scrolling / interacting with e.g. the map?

How snappy is the UI, any new processor also, or just the wireless module that is changed?

If you have experience from some older test car to compare that would be great, but otherwise - how responsive is scrolling / interacting with e.g. the map?

The map may be a poor test. My understanding is that some maps are downloaded and cached locally.
Except... perhaps comparing how quickly traffic data shows up?

Well, it is exactly the kind of thing that was part of the prepaid service offerings. Why not ask for it?

If you refer to your pre-paid service agreement, which will be available in your MyTesla portal, there is no mention of hardware updates. The only mention was on the web site order page, and that has changed from "hardware updates" to "necessary hardware updates" a long time ago. Keep dreaming. :)

I have an email from my DS that says if they come out with upgraded hardware, that's included.
Or in other words, it doesn't hurt to ask.
No it does not hurt but it won't happen.
As to the Twitter take down. I am imagining the service team calling the PR department saying...'WTF'.....we are going to have thousands of phone calls Monday AM requesting info on the upgrade and scheduling service appointments. Many service centers are already booked weeks in advance..... I do love that EM uses social media but his team must sometimes wish they could take all his electronic devices away from him at night and on weekends:biggrin:

As to the Twitter take down. I am imagining the service team calling the PR department saying...'WTF'.....we are going to have thousands of phone calls Monday AM requesting info on the upgrade and scheduling service appointments.

Haha, am at Tesla Burlingame for a tire rotation and I've already made a tentative appointment for mid-July to have the chip installed. :D The service folks here haven't even heard of this latest hardware change but, slotted me in anyway fwiw.

Haha, am at Tesla Burlingame for a tire rotation and I've already made a tentative appointment for mid-July to have the chip installed. :D The service folks here haven't even heard of this latest hardware change but, slotted me in anyway fwiw.

GG, who did you discuss the LTE upgrade with at TM Burlingame? Karl, Thomas, Calvin, Daryl... I usually go there for service as well, so when they schedule me for the shock replacement due to the P85D shock issue (air suspension) I'll ask whomever is in the know about the LTE module upgrade.