Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's official! Tesla website says HW2.0 cars "scheduling now" for MCU2 upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on your SC appointment for the upgrade.

What month in 2017 did you take delivery?

My X delivered mid March 2017 and was probably in the first batch of the first 100D's delivered.
Trying to see if the two cars are close in mfg, and there is any logic if my SC approves or deny's my SC upgrade request.

-TechVP
I think it was August or September but I really don't remember. It's definitely possible this appointment is a fluke and someone messed up, but I'll keep everyone updated!

I know if at least two March 2017 Model S that were able to schedule appointments in the past few days. It should be the same hardware and the Model X.
That's good to hear!

I think it was August or September but I really don't remember. It's definitely possible this appointment is a fluke and someone messed up, but I'll keep everyone updated!

That's good to hear!

I did schedule the MCU2 + HW3 upgrade. It appears to have went through. Its set for this Thursday. The schedule was surprisingly open ;-) I did get a flurry of 'virus safety measures' notices & emails. Which means, at least the scheduling robots passed it through.
I expect the next step will include an actual Tesla invoice to approve... when it arrives, I'll post a confimation.

My complete speculation: they have an incentive to prioritize orders like mine that have $2500 attached to them, vs. just HW3 retros.
We'll see...
-TechVP

I did schedule the MCU2 + HW3 upgrade. It appears to have went through. Its set for this Thursday. The schedule was surprisingly open ;-) I did get a flurry of 'virus safety measures' notices & emails. Which means, at least the scheduling robots passed it through.
I expect the next step will include an actual Tesla invoice to approve... when it arrives, I'll post a confimation.

My complete speculation: they have an incentive to prioritize orders like mine that have $2500 attached to them, vs. just HW3 retros.
We'll see...
-TechVP
That's a good speculation. It would be the same case for me. I also told them I'm interested in purchasing the old parts so maybe that factors in as well. ;)
Approving the invoice will be a big step as then we can see the actual parts ordered! Super exciting!

That's a good speculation. It would be the same case for me. I also told them I'm interested in purchasing the old parts so maybe that factors in as well. ;)
Approving the invoice will be a big step as then we can see the actual parts ordered! Super exciting!

Did they quote you on what they are charging for the old MCU? Assuming you can't keep the HW2 AP board ;-)
IMHO if its a couple hundred for a 17" screen.. might hold some value.
-TechVP

Did they quote you on what they are charging for the old MCU? Assuming you can't keep the HW2 AP board ;-)
IMHO if its a couple hundred for a 17" screen.. might hold some value.
-TechVP
I haven't heard back about it yet but I think some other users said it's around $1000 which isn't cheap but it's a pretty cool keepsake (and a way of making sure my information is safe!)

This user says the person responding to the app scheduled appt claims there are supposed to be new exterior cameras added ... I've only seen one reference to this so not sure if it is true or just a misinformed person at the other end of text based service response.

Post in other thread: Tesla confirms infotainment system upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2 for $2500
@onthecake :
I went ahead and scheduled appointment for HW2 to HW3 upgrade as well as MCU2 upgrade. Got a text back saying they are still waiting for the HW2 to 3 upgrade package which includes new exterior cameras but I can still do the MCU2 upgrade if I want. I declined as I just want it all done at one time.

Has anyone else been told the cameras would be replaced? I have not seen that mentioned anywhere else but it would be nice to have new cameras for dashcam/sentry mode.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
As of today the parts for my supposed HW3/MCU2 retrofits have not been shipped, according to my SC. But he did put in the request. Hoping for good news in the days to come!

I was about to post the same info. In my case, I had not yet received the estimate to approve.
I reached a trusted front line person who took my email on his day off, who then connected me to someone who dug into it.
And confirmed my parts had not shipped yet. Said it was virus delays. I asked should I reschedule, and he said I'll get notified when they do. And they have the request still in. Apparently they will cancel tomorrow's appt... but have yet to do so in the app.

Keep us up to date if you receive your shipping notice.
-TechVP

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I was about to post the same info. In my case, I had not yet received the estimate to approve.
I reached a trusted front line person who took my email on his day off, who then connected me to someone who dug into it.
And confirmed my parts had not shipped yet. Said it was virus delays. I asked should I reschedule, and he said I'll get notified when they do. And they have the request still in. Apparently they will cancel tomorrow's appt... but have yet to do so in the app.

Keep us up to date if you receive your shipping notice.
-TechVP
We had an appointment for tomorrow as well but it has been pushed out two weeks since they don't have the MCU2 upgrade hardware at the local service center.

Interesting. My appointment is still scheduled and they haven't told me anything besides that the parts haven't been shipped yet. No estimate in the app either. I wouldn't be surprised if the appointment is pushed or cancelled, though! Right now it is set for Monday the 18th which is getting closer and closer!