Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet Miss Kitty. Some of you fossils will remember that name.
Picked her up yesterday afternoon. She is flawless. Three hundred miles on her already.
My happy surprise is that my Austin build has the door trim package and the cargo cover. Very much what I wanted if I could have asked.
I got a coupon code instead of a charging cable, and come to find that the Tesla Store is out-of-stock. I was relieved that I had ordered one several weeks ago.
Looking great. Yes, I remember Miss Kitty.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Meet Miss Kitty. Some of you fossils will remember that name.
Picked her up yesterday afternoon. She is flawless. Three hundred miles on her already.
My happy surprise is that my Austin build has the door trim package and the cargo cover. Very much what I wanted if I could have asked.
I got a coupon code instead of a charging cable, and come to find that the Tesla Store is out-of-stock. I was relieved that I had ordered one several weeks ago.
Picked up mine Monday. Same color. Almost same OD and VIN.
Happy Motoring!

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Bit the bullet today. Tesla called at 5pm today telling me there was a MSM MYLR available about an hour away from me, but I had to pick it up by 7pm. I ended up going for it, and have a nice new Austin-built MYLR/MSM/Black/19"/No Tow/EAP. I picked it up in the dark so I'll have to wait till the morning to see if there's anything worthy of a service appointment. So far I'm very happy with it.

It was built Sept 20th and has the updated door trim and the cargo cover, but no matrix headlights.

cargo cover
I do wish I could compare an Austin-built Y, and/or a Fremont-built Y with a cargo cover to mine. I have the buffeting/booming noise on certain roads with my car, and I've read that for some people a cargo cover works to dampen that down.

I will say that if any of you are experiencing it, adjusting my liftgate bumpers did help quite a bit, since they were all tightened completely down from the factory and not adjusted at all. There are two up near the taillights, which you adjust first. They have a locking nut - turn the whole assembly to unscrew first, and close the liftgate on a piece of paper or envelope. You should have to really pull to get it out, and it should rip or nearly rip. Once you get it where you want it, hold the rubber stopper bit so it doesn't turn and then tighten the locking nut down. Repeat on the other side. After those two are adjusted, you can adjust the more simple (just unscrew) bumpers on the very bottom part of the door to get the same result.

It appears this is caused by the liftgate flexing and acting as a large subwoofer. There are a few threads here at TMC discussing it. I don't think mine is nearly as bad as some of the 2020/2021 cars out there, which seem to have a really strong resonance, but it's noticeable on bumpy roads. Regardless, the bumper adjustment is definitely helpful, and some say a cargo cover helps as well.

The PPF that Tesla provides is a small section on the rear doors. It's the same PPF they sell in the online store.

Reactions: BarryC7
Congratulations Gary.F, AtomicPowered and PaulSeivert and all those with a new Tesla in the driveway! I haven't taken the smile off my face for two days.

an appropriate toast:
“May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.”

Used my car today at an event for a local EV group I belong to called Evolve KY and Tesla Owners of Kentucky. Today we promoted EVs and solar power by driving interested people for tours in our EVs to homes that have solar already installed. I learned a lot about different configurations from solar only or with the batteries. I was impressed how few different components made up the entire system. Did I mention how good my red Model Y looked?

Congratulations Gary.F, AtomicPowered and PaulSeivert and all those with a new Tesla in the driveway! I haven't taken the smile off my face for two days.

an appropriate toast:
“May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.”

Used my car today at an event for a local EV group I belong to called Evolve KY and Tesla Owners of Kentucky. Today we promoted EVs and solar power by driving interested people for tours in our EVs to homes that have solar already installed. I learned a lot about different configurations from solar only or with the batteries. I was impressed how few different components made up the entire system. Did I mention how good my red Model Y looked?
Thanks @DerbyCityY. Same to you. I just try to think of reasons to go out and drive it. 😁 I ask my wife, "Are you sure you don't need me to run to the store for you?" 🤣

Congratulations to everyone on this thread who has received their cars. HOWEVER, sadly, there are a few of us January people who are still waiting for the Tesla Roulette wheel to come up with our number! (I am on my 2nd two week window with no VIN). It has been a comfort to hear about other's, "waiting journey". So, those of you still waiting, please continue to post your progress. "The wheel is spinning and where it stops nobody knows!" Truly rediculous.

Aug., 9/12-10/12, Oct., Dec.-Mar., 9/22-11/3, 11/1-12/27, 10/23-12/4, 9/21-10/26, 9/25-10/23, 10/4-10/18, 10/11-10/25.

Congratulations to everyone on this thread who has received their cars. HOWEVER, sadly, there are a few of us January people who are still waiting for the Tesla Roulette wheel to come up with our number! (I am on my 2nd two week window with no VIN). It has been a comfort to hear about other's, "waiting journey". So, those of you still waiting, please continue to post your progress. "The wheel is spinning and where it stops nobody knows!" Truly rediculous.

Aug., 9/12-10/12, Oct., Dec.-Mar., 9/22-11/3, 11/1-12/27, 10/23-12/4, 9/21-10/26, 9/25-10/23, 10/4-10/18, 10/11-10/25.
Here here

Reactions: Gary.F and PewPew
Neither has mine.
day 1 of EDD.

I bet it'll push further out, again, on day 2 (tomorrow) 🤬🤬
Tomorrow I will enter my 4 week EDD window, I was assigned to pick up at the Vallejo, Ca SC when I ordered, since I was in the neighborhood today, I stopped in and had my pick up location switched to Fremont.

I've heard shipping was part of some of these delivery delays, I wanted to take that out of the equation. Possibly moving my pick up by a day or so.

Main reason is it will be a lot easier logistically for me to pick up in Fremont, whenever they get me the damn thing!

Their lots were full in Vallejo with Y's and 3"s, there should be some happy folks around here today, I'm just not one of them.

Tomorrow I will enter my 4 week EDD window, I was assigned to pick up at the Vallejo, Ca SC when I ordered, since I was in the neighborhood today, I stopped in and had my pick up location switched to Fremont.

I've heard shipping was part of some of these delivery delays, I wanted to take that out of the equation. Possibly moving my pick up by a day or so.

Main reason is it will be a lot easier logistically for me to pick up in Fremont, whenever they get me the damn thing!

Their lots were full in Vallejo with Y's and 3"s, there should be some happy folks around here today, I'm just not one of them.
You’re lucky to be so close to the factory! I’d totally do that, even if I was in a neighboring state.

Too bad I’m in a neighboring country, heh

Reactions: JDEWD250