Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just updated to 11/12-12/24... perfectly timed to not get the federal tax credit.

Even if I was to reject the first VIN, I have no doubt they would match me to another before the end of the year so I don't think there is any recourse :(

I ordered when the price was $59k and today my config would be $66k. That basically makes it a wash with the new $7.5k tax credit
Delivery jumps around a bunch— generally in favor of pushing to later EDD it would seem. Ya never know, it could come it a bit later!

Actually white is my pref color. But wife likes black car...

BTW, are you guys making final payment before delivery or at the delivery? The app said I need to make the finaly payment to get to delivery
Definitely pay at delivery.! The app makes it seem like you have to pay before scheduling delivery (which is the mistake I made). But a lot of youtube videos advise to pay at delivery, so you can make sure you there is no errors in the build, ac, paint, etc.

Reactions: ohmman
So finally, after ordering a LRMY on 1/26:

TODAY IS THE DAY.

Looks like a Cali build, which is just fine by me. I've got my Spigen screen protector, my console organizers, my game controller, and my Tesmainan floor mats and some charging adapters will be here shortly (anyone want to chime in on any type of scotch-guard product for my white interior?).

I have to say, It feels like Christmas morning.
I suggest you try Gyeon Quartz. I put on my Y white interior. easy to do

Reactions: HellsKitchen
Please oh please let me get matrix headlights! MYLRs built from Aug 5 to (estimated) October will have matrix headlights due to a shortage of non-matrix headlights.

• Informative
Reactions: ixmnrs and ohmman
So finally, after ordering a LRMY on 1/26:

TODAY IS THE DAY.

Looks like a Cali build, which is just fine by me. I've got my Spigen screen protector, my console organizers, my game controller, and my Tesmainan floor mats and some charging adapters will be here shortly (anyone want to chime in on any type of scotch-guard product for my white interior?).

I have to say, It feels like Christmas morning.
Preface this as it is a matter of opinion. I have have 2013 Model S and never got a screen protector, never needed. It seems to me that screen protectors are just a marketing thing, companies make money selling them and there is no need whatsoever for one in a Tesla.

Got my VIN today. Looks like a Fremont build. Not what I wanted, but I'm just happy to be getting my car instead of waiting so much longer. EDD is 31 Aug to 4 Sep. This is my 13th EDD change, but at least I got my VIN with this one. OD was on 16 Jan 2022. To be delivered to Raleigh NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ixmnrs and IowaGuy
Got my VIN today. Looks like a Fremont build. Not what I wanted, but I'm just happy to be getting my car instead of waiting so much longer. EDD is 31 Aug to 4 Sep. This is my 13th EDD change, but at least I got my VIN with this one. OD was on 16 Jan 2022. To be delivered to Raleigh NC.
I'm curious to know if it has matrix headlights and the new trim on the front doors.

I, too, got my VIN today showing a Fremont build. I was hoping/expecting an Austin build but happy to finally get it, nonetheless. The pickup date is confirmed for September 2 in Savannah, GA. Since it's not coming from Austin, I guess it won't have a cargo cover.

I, too, got my VIN today showing a Fremont build. I was hoping/expecting an Austin build but happy to finally get it, nonetheless. The pickup date is confirmed for September 2 in Savannah, GA. Since it's not coming from Austin, I guess it won't have a cargo cover.
Possibly. Check out this article. MIC Tesla Model Y Now Comes Standard With Cargo Cover: Video
I know this says made in China, but further in the article it says all new Model Y should come with it. So who knows

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BarryC7