Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all. Picked up my Fremont built MYLR yesterday at the Raleigh NC Service and sales center. The car is gorgeous. The alignments are perfect. The white seats are great. It appears to have the matrix headlights (I’ll check further tonight). It does not have the upgraded console with magnetic lock. It does have the upgraded door panels. There is no cargo cover.

I drove home from Raleigh which is a 2 1/2 hour drive. The cruise control is great and so is auto pilot. I would get the warning on auto pilot to jiggle the steering wheel even though I never took my hand off the steering wheel. The ride was great and quiet. I left Raleigh with 83% and arrived home with 17%, driving 187 miles. The car is fun to drive.

The pick up process was simple and easy. Just went inside to see where my car was. An SA came up and got my name and we sat down where I signed some paperwork. She opened the trunk and unlocked the car. It was sitting up near the front of the building. She helped me link my phone. That’s all she did. She was off to her next customer.
My bet is you got the matrix headlights, since our cars came from Fremont and were delivered to the east coast at about the same time. I can't figure out how to attach a photo of my headlight, but if you see what appears to be round projector light in the corner of your headlight then it's matrix.

Reactions: Gary.F
It should be a requirement to post pictures of your Y after delivery - c’mon people!
I finally figured out how to attach photos. I was trying to attach from laptop instead of using mobile phone.

Attachments

• 3F8F8C62-BA41-4A21-8B18-9A342544CE22.jpeg
    3F8F8C62-BA41-4A21-8B18-9A342544CE22.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 335E9D22-1436-4C15-8C67-74DFE762248C.jpeg
    335E9D22-1436-4C15-8C67-74DFE762248C.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 75
  • 3ABD4025-FA93-4F62-971E-1CEAEDD3975D.jpeg
    3ABD4025-FA93-4F62-971E-1CEAEDD3975D.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 30A235A5-1886-49AA-A9A2-3155BA59A65C.jpeg
    30A235A5-1886-49AA-A9A2-3155BA59A65C.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• 0401B147-870D-4F2D-9304-BCABDE755AEA.jpeg
    0401B147-870D-4F2D-9304-BCABDE755AEA.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 76
  • F924C1A0-4629-4962-9D4A-7FA7EB4D6661.jpeg
    F924C1A0-4629-4962-9D4A-7FA7EB4D6661.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DB997C38-B733-457E-A213-0CACFDF7990A.jpeg
    DB997C38-B733-457E-A213-0CACFDF7990A.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 76
  • D390E777-E70E-4E5E-A5A0-A598C8A93A1A.jpeg
    D390E777-E70E-4E5E-A5A0-A598C8A93A1A.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 82
Congrats guys, your new cars look great! Still on track to pick mine up Saturday.

Mine has black interior and now kinda wish I’d have gone with white. Since ordering mine we got a new dog who sheds white hair and I spent a lot of time yesterday cleaning white hair off the seats of my trade in Model S.
I bought the Tesla dog seat cover but haven't installed it yet. I hope it cuts down on the dog hair left over from shedding. I hope the cover is worth the cost. We'll see.

Congrats guys, your new cars look great! Still on track to pick mine up Saturday.

Mine has black interior and now kinda wish I’d have gone with white. Since ordering mine we got a new dog who sheds white hair and I spent a lot of time yesterday cleaning white hair off the seats of my trade in Model S.
We’ve got a black dog with white interior. But the good thing is that she doesn’t she’d hardly at all. Plus my wife brushes her every day.

Hi, congrats to all getting their cars!

I currently have a 2 week window EDD of Sept 8-22. It’s been at this since last week with no changes and I’ve been watching the app closely waiting for either another delay or a VIN number. 😂 Has anyone entered their two week window with zero updates? Only one day into it today but getting desperate as we are going out of the country on Sept 27th. This is really cutting it close and might have to skip the first VIN if it comes while out of town.

I currently have a 2 week window EDD of Sept 8-22. It’s been at this since last week with no changes and I’ve been watching the app closely waiting for either another delay or a VIN number. 😂 Has anyone entered their two week window with zero updates? Only one day into it today but getting desperate as we are going out of the country on Sept 27th. This is really cutting it close and might have to skip the first VIN if it comes while out of town.
I was in a similar situation last month. In early August, I was given an EDD between 8/19-9/2 and was scheduled to be out of the country from 8/16-8/31. So, I contacted my SA when I got the EDD range and explained the situation. I indicated that I wanted to take delivery of the car if at all possible. The SA didn't make any promises but did add a note to my file. Fortunately on 8/15, I got a call from the SA telling me the car was ready for transport from Fremont and should be ready for pickup on 9/2 (which was my actual pick-up date). With that said, it couldn't hurt to give your SA a call and explain the situation.

Last edited:

I have had my window pushed back a couple of times just before entering it. My window shrank to 5 or 7 days around time a VIN assigned. One communication barrier for me was my phone. Tesla service has long had my cell phone but my website account had my landline phone # , which I didn't recognize until I got a phone message about trade in (before VIN assigned). I changed that # and now I get periodic texts. I got one yesterday, unfortunately that my scheduled pick up tomorrow will need to be pushed back as there are "delays at the rail yard" so now I'm back to a 9/10-9/12 window. At any rate, once I established a phone/text thread with a sales agent, things have been much smoother.

I also read reports of a possible rail strike next week which could really throw a wrench in things.

I was in a similar situation last month. In early August, I was given an EDD between 8/19-9/2 and was scheduled to be out of the country from 8/16-8/31. So, I contacted my SA when I got the EDD range and explained the situation. I indicated that I wanted to take delivery of the car if at all possible. The SA didn't make any promises but did add a note to my file. Fortunately on 8/15, I got a call from the SA telling me the car was ready for transport from Fremont and should be ready for pickup on 9/2 (which was my actual pick-up date). With that said, it couldn't hurt to give your SA a call and explain the situation.
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately this morning I woke up to a new EDD…it went out to a 6 week window of Oct 7-Nov 11. 😱 Sounds like I was worried about traveling for no reason after all. What a roller coaster!!! I will still try to get in touch with my SA prior to leaving the country just in case. Thanks for your advise!

I have had my window pushed back a couple of times just before entering it. My window shrank to 5 or 7 days around time a VIN assigned. One communication barrier for me was my phone. Tesla service has long had my cell phone but my website account had my landline phone # , which I didn't recognize until I got a phone message about trade in (before VIN assigned). I changed that # and now I get periodic texts. I got one yesterday, unfortunately that my scheduled pick up tomorrow will need to be pushed back as there are "delays at the rail yard" so now I'm back to a 9/10-9/12 window. At any rate, once I established a phone/text thread with a sales agent, things have been much smoother.

I also read reports of a possible rail strike next week which could really throw a wrench in things.

I hope you get your car soon and that the potential strike doesn’t become an issue. That would really throw things off for so many. I’m going to try getting in touch with my SA via text. It seems that the number I’ve texted in the past is a general number that no particular SA is assigned to…seems like several different people reply. It’s all very strange!