Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since September, I had 3 two week windows and even a 10 day window. Now back to a 4 week window 10/26-11/23. In August, I received two texts about trade in. So frustrating... For a company with AI capabilities, how can they get this so wrong? It's such a tease. I thought for sure delivery was happening in Sept. Original EDD was June or July. We, a family of 4, have been living with 1 car since January, much longer than planned.

Since September, I had 3 two week windows and even a 10 day window. Now back to a 4 week window 10/26-11/23. In August, I received two texts about trade in. So frustrating... For a company with AI capabilities, how can they get this so wrong? It's such a tease. I thought for sure delivery was happening in Sept. Original EDD was June or July. We, a family of 4, have been living with 1 car since January, much longer than planned.

Exact same sentiments here! Financing is all done too. One Nov 29, I'll have to deal with a new rate (has increased by 0.75%-1% since approval)

I've been thinking of switching to a P and removing EAP. Financially, it is a difference of $700 (less).

Current build is:

MYLR5, MSM, white int, induction, tow and EAP

Thinking of switching to:
MYP, MSM, white int, and tow.

Are MYP still being delivered in a short time frame, you think? Seeing a lot of VINs issued for MYLR's at the beginning of this quarter.
I am located in Vancouver, BC

Last edited:
Exact same sentiments here! Financing is all done too. One Nov 29, I'll have to deal with a new rate (has increased by 0.75%-1% since approval)

I've been thinking of switching to a P and removing EAP. Financially, it is a difference of $700 (less).

Current build is:

MYLR5, MSM, white int, induction, tow and EAP

Thinking of switching to:
MYP, MSM, white int, and tow.

Are MYP still being delivered in a short time frame, you think? Seeing a lot of VINs issued for MYLR's at the beginning of this quarter.
I am located in Vancouver, BC
As far as I have seen, MYPs are still a pretty quick turnaround. It has been so long since I ordered my MYLR that I recently needed to remind myself why I ordered it in the first place. I took another test drive at my local dealer recently; they no longer had any MYLR testers, but the lot was full of MYPs, both as testers and customer deliveries.

I originally had no interest in the MYP, but after driving one, I had a blast. I was concerned about the lower suspension (I hate low ride heights), but I could hardly tell a difference. The MYP was noticeably faster, as least for me. I would break too many speed limits if I had one.

I have heard around here recently that the white interior does seem to be causing longer delivery times across the board, so switching to black may also speed things up if that is of interest to you. That is just based on recent posts though.

As far as I have seen, MYPs are still a pretty quick turnaround. It has been so long since I ordered my MYLR that I recently needed to remind myself why I ordered it in the first place. I took another test drive at my local dealer recently; they no longer had any MYLR testers, but the lot was full of MYPs, both as testers and customer deliveries.

I originally had no interest in the MYP, but after driving one, I had a blast. I was concerned about the lower suspension (I hate low ride heights), but I could hardly tell a difference. The MYP was noticeably faster, as least for me. I would break too many speed limits if I had one.

I have heard around here recently that the white interior does seem to be causing longer delivery times across the board, so switching to black may also speed things up if that is of interest to you. That is just based on recent posts though.
Thanks @PewPew
The MYP would definitely be a blast to drive, no doubt!
Had to remind myself the reason why I choice the YLR in the first place (or the 3LR; 100D if S or X from years ago...) - for road trips and range....so sticking with the LR is the way to go.
Acceleration Boost is always an option too (you know, if the LR isn't quick enough..lol).

I did switch out the white for a black int though...hopefully that works in my favour🤞

Thanks @PewPew
The MYP would definitely be a blast to drive, no doubt!
Had to remind myself the reason why I choice the YLR in the first place (or the 3LR; 100D if S or X from years ago...) - for road trips and range....so sticking with the LR is the way to go.
Acceleration Boost is always an option too (you know, if the LR isn't quick enough..lol).

I did switch out the white for a black int though...hopefully that works in my favour🤞

UPDATE; since changing to a black int yesterday, I woke up to a VIN in source code: NF563. Also received a mobile connector redemption code, and an email from my SA advising that my car is here and that I should receive a text to schedule delivery shortly.
cc: @PewPew @arbitrage000 @Joey_82

Filthy bastards!
Oct 28 to Nov 11

43E18F52-68E6-49B5-A48B-4FF4A2222384.jpeg

Thanks @PewPew

Just waiting on delivery text!
Received a text this morning....
Delivery booked for the morning of 10/19 🙏💪

And VIN F563 is now visible on the front-end.

Going to be carless for a couple of days. Decided to sell my car privately instead of doing a trade in with Tesla - now its just thinking about if I should just add FSD (I already have EAP) for an additional 4.x or so.

Received a text this morning....
Delivery booked for the morning of 10/19 🙏💪

And VIN F563 is now visible on the front-end.

Going to be carless for a couple of days. Decided to sell my car privately instead of doing a trade in with Tesla - now its just thinking about if I should just add FSD (I already have EAP) for an additional 4.x or so.
My experience was very good at delivery!
One thing I did I liked was renting a car to drive the 1.5 hours to Cincinnati. Both my sister and I were able to drive the new Model Y back home. It was just a little too pricey.
Next I brought too many accessories with me to install, ie. bins, hubs, all the floor mats. All I needed was the screen protector and maybe the front mats. If you bring your new front mats, use your plastic bags to put your original carpets.
I just love driving my Model YLR!

Surprised to receive VIN yesterday. Completed proof of insurance. Waiting to schedule delivery.

When do you submit payment? I heard stories of cancelled VIN so I don’t want to send to early. Does delivery depend on it?

OD 01/23/2022 MYLR7 White/White Gemini EDD 10/18-10/27
In my case I did my financing after I got my VIN and submitted the form my bank gave me. Then I got a bank teller check from my credit union for my down payment. When I went to pickup my car I gave them the bank teller check. Everything went very smoothly.

Surprised to receive VIN yesterday. Completed proof of insurance. Waiting to schedule delivery.

When do you submit payment? I heard stories of cancelled VIN so I don’t want to send to early. Does delivery depend on it?

OD 01/23/2022 MYLR7 White/White Gemini EDD 10/18-10/27
I submitted mine a day or two before to avoid any holdups at delivery. It didn't actually get debited from my bank account until 3-4 days after (Saturday) delivery.

We really should say pickup - ha ha, I don't think anyone gets theirs delivered any more.