Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda just released a new USB hub. Mounts Flush and hides flash drive

Buying it?

• Yes

Votes: 64 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 75 26.5%
  • Maybe at $50

Votes: 144 50.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got mine a few days ago. It does what it's supposed to. It took me a few tries to find the right position to push it in, but once I found the right spot it was obvious. As far as addon devices go this is a really unglamorous one - it just sits back there, out of sight, doing a rather boring chore. The less you have to deal with it, the better it's doing.

Just got mine a few days ago. It does what it's supposed to. It took me a few tries to find the right position to push it in, but once I found the right spot it was obvious. As far as addon devices go this is a really unglamorous one - it just sits back there, out of sight, doing a rather boring chore. The less you have to deal with it, the better it's doing.

How long after you ordered did they ship the product?

Received this email 30 minutes ago:

Jeda USB Hub Update
ffB-zH0j4x46y2ZYgMDjJESr-WT7JFp2-VdAyzAW6FCjoj7oCGiLCHsNKTXxeE9ds8zM_rt1OPYq9hW10dka6N9JCaq-uwh7XzmfRJ59yxenCOpwsup_3HXsysA8ymGRLJOli8dvWhJ2rdlBcLBIz2KtoCnrR6ThDfc=s0-d-e1-ft
Hello ,

We know you are patiently waiting for your Jeda USB Hub! The Jeda USB began shipping around the first week of August - and so far we've had some wonderful reviews come in and people have been loving their new USB hub. With that said, after shipping to mass quantities of people, we have also noticed an improvement which needed to be done to the electronic portion of the Jeda USB Hub. Due to this problem, some customers experienced issues, and before continuing shipments we had to work to identify the issue. Our team paused shipments last week to ensure that this small issue was fully identified before shipping to more of our customers. While a small minority of individuals had this issue, we considered it enough to pause shipments until the issue was identified. The issue has been fully identified and is currently being fixed. We waited to notify our customers until we ran intensive testing last week, so we could know how long it would take to fix it.

Shipments will resume again on Monday, August 26th. We know this is unpleasant news, and probably the last thing you want to hear from us - believe us, it's the last thing we want to say! We do believe it will make a marked improvement on the performance of the USB Hub overall and it's for the better.

Scroll down below to see shipping information and some customer photos.

Updated Shipping Information

U.S : 1-2 day shipping time
North/South America: 5-7 day shipping time
Europe: 5-10 day shipping time
Oceania: 5-7 day shipping time

• #43844 - 56510 - Shipping 8/26
  • #56510 - 63622 - Shipping 9/2
As always, you can reach us at [email protected].

The Jeda Team
Jeda Products, Inc.
getjeda.com

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
As I understand it, Hidden USB port for dashcam not recognizing inserted media. In short Tesla cam and Sentry don’t record.

They say only a small percentage of users experiencing this. Mine is in transit. Will check this when I get it.

Cancelled my order the moment I got that email. I dealt with multiple delays when their wireless charger came out, and the moment I got this delay I told them I was uncomfortable to proceed. Will maybe order in a year or so when the product has worked it’s kinks out.

They quickly came out with a V2 of their wireless charger so maybe they will find a way to improve this hub and release a V2 within the year.

I got mine yesterday. Today on the after wiping my USB 3 stick that has been working since they released sentry mode, I got an error that the device is too slow for tesla cam. I have it plugged into the hidden port on the Jeda. This is not a good sign of a quality hub, I have never seen this error before.

• Disagree
Reactions: Skione65
I got mine yesterday. Today on the after wiping my USB 3 stick that has been working since they released sentry mode, I got an error that the device is too slow for tesla cam. I have it plugged into the hidden port on the Jeda. This is not a good sign of a quality hub, I have never seen this error before.

Don't be too quick to judge Jeda for this error. Tesla changed the qualifications for dash cam storage.
They don't want you to use USB thumb drives any more because it's not the right kind of memory for that.
See this discussion here: TeslaCam: DON’T USE USB FLASH DRIVE

Before switching to a SSD for my car, I was using a very high quality 64 GB thumb drive. After recent updates it would work some times, then other times I would get that error. Since changing memory type to something with better throughput, that issue has gone away.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
My order number is: 65248 and per my last discussion with their support, I was told my Hub would ship in 1.5 weeks.
so far I've had no communications with them that I did not initiate myself which is frustrating since ordered that and the charge pad over a month ago and there was no indication on their site at the time that there going to be any delays. Sure hope this wait was worth it.

Don't be too quick to judge Jeda for this error. Tesla changed the qualifications for dash cam storage.
They don't want you to use USB thumb drives any more because it's not the right kind of memory for that.

This is complete nonsense.

The manual still says you can use thumb drives- and tons of folks continue to do so.

Model 3 owners manual as of this morning said:
In addition to supporting Autopilot features, cameras can record and store video footage on a USB flash drive.

There's currently a software bug where some people get the "too slow" message- but there's folks getting it with every kind of flash storage, not just thumb drives.

Tons of threads on this.

See this discussion here: TeslaCam: DON’T USE USB FLASH DRIVE

Before switching to a SSD for my car, I was using a very high quality 64 GB thumb drive. After recent updates it would work some times, then other times I would get that error. Since changing memory type to something with better throughput, that issue has gone away.

Yes and as mentioned there and elsewhere others switched to cheaper/crappier drives and the problem went away.

Others use the same drive as people WITH the problem and don't have the problem.

It's a software issue, not hardware. Even "slow" USB thumb drives test out many times faster than the car actually writes data.

Last edited:
This is complete nonsense.

The manual still says you can use thumb drives- and tons of folks continue to do so.

There's currently a software bug where some people get the "too slow" message- but there's folks getting it with every kind of flash storage, not just thumb drives.

Tons of threads on this.

Yes and as mentioned there and elsewhere others switched to cheaper/crappier drives and the problem went away.

Others use the same drive as people WITH the problem and don't have the problem.

It's a software issue, not hardware. Even "slow" USB thumb drives test out many times faster than the car actually writes data.

You might be surprised how slow the write speed is on some expensive USB flash drives and much faster the write is on some cheap ones. Don't trust the datasheet. Run a benchmark test.Tesla will be adding the backup camera in the future so it is best to beat it to death and go with an SSD.

You might be surprised how slow the write speed is on some expensive USB flash drives and much faster the write is on some cheap ones.

I really wouldn't.

It's still many times faster than needed for this application.

Don't trust the datasheet. Run a benchmark test.

In previous threads I cited to a website that has benchmarks on over 600 different USB drives.

ALL of them capable of any size capable of sequential write speeds 3-5 times faster than needed for this... and most of them offering 5-10 times the speed needed.

Tesla will be adding the backup camera in the future so it is best to beat it to death and go with an SSD.

Adding 1 more camera will bring the write speed up to ~2 MB/s.

Which is still much slower than basically any USB key out there, and MUCH MUCH slower than all the 1-2 camera 4k dashcams out there write that seem to manage just fine without needing an SSD.

Probably because they have less crappy software written around the dashcam functions than Tesla does right now. It's an afterthought feature, and it shows right now.

I really wouldn't.

It's still many times faster than needed for this application.

In previous threads I cited to a website that has benchmarks on over 600 different USB drives.

ALL of them capable of any size capable of sequential write speeds 3-5 times faster than needed for this... and most of them offering 5-10 times the speed needed.

Adding 1 more camera will bring the write speed up to ~2 MB/s.

Which is still much slower than basically any USB key out there, and MUCH MUCH slower than all the 1-2 camera 4k dashcams out there write that seem to manage just fine without needing an SSD.

Probably because they have less crappy software written around the dashcam functions than Tesla does right now. It's an afterthought feature, and it shows right now.

OK, so what is the speed requirement? I ran BlackMagic Disk Speed and it said most of my USB sticks (including 256GB Samsung) couldn't support other than minimal video writes. The programs shows what compression and resolutions are supported. Considering the car is feeding 3 streams I thought the error made sense.

If you think 4MB/sec is plenty fast then what is that based on?

OK, so what is the speed requirement? I ran BlackMagic Disk Speed and it said most of my USB sticks (including 256GB Samsung) couldn't support other than minimal video writes. The programs shows what compression and resolutions are supported. Considering the car is feeding 3 streams I thought the error made sense.

If you think 4MB/sec is plenty fast then what is that based on?

It's based on math

Each 1 minute of video is 30 MB. 30 MB divided by 60 seconds is 0.5 MB/s, per camera. 3 cameras, so 1.5 MB/s.

When they add a 4th camera that'll go up to 2.0 MB/s