Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just found my Source Code VIN! 20" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found mine just now, it’s 16xx. I think this is pre-lockdown, must be sitting on the parking lot in CA for more than 2 mos. I hope there is no problem with build quality, I‘m debating right now if I will Pay in full as Tesla is asking for full payment with no delivery schedule as of yet.

Not the 4,200 VIN! Lucky? How?! And I originally ordered with the 19” wheels end of February but changed to the 20” mid April

does it make sense to have been sitting there for this long? They’ve been reopened for over a week and just now they’ve decided to sift through pre-quarantine vehicles? I’m not sure if I believe that they bounce around - is their any evidence of this? When I get to see the car in person I’ll let everyone know what the production date was!

I thought a VIN was only associated with an actual car? No? Did they give you any time frame? Others received an email shortly after seeing the VIN in the source code.

I think maybe a VIN is assigned as the car hits the production line but is technically pre-production until done. I have no idea, though. I thought it was weird when I was told that....but it was confirmed by 2nd rep.

Reactions: Cmf2455