Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biggest trouble spot in version 34 for me was left lane of the bay bridge heading into the city, coming out of the tunnel. It got very confused by the left curb as a lane line, and woudl start swerving erratically. Seems to negotiate this area better, although it does ping pong a little.

Been trying to do a Power Off reboot; where you go into the screen and press power off. I waited 10 min for the system to power all the way off but I keep hearing a high pitch noise around the glove compartment. Occasional I hear a fan go on and off. When I finally press the break the car comes right up, its on wifi and blue tooth is connected. Does not seem like its working like it used to.

Agree, not changed. My car has behaved like this since march. All through summer (we have some cold summers).

Something has definitely changed with regards for how the car determines it will limit regen. I used to just get periods of limited regen in very cold conditions especially when the car was outside. I might get it briefly even when it is stored in the garage (50-60 ambient temp) but would go away after a few minutes.

Now I am noticing that I get limited regen at noticeably warmer temperatures than before and it takes longer to go away. I've had the car since March 2017 and it seems like this behavior has emerged in one of the past few updates. It's hard to say for sure when it started because it's been warmer until the past few months so maybe whatever they changed happened over the summer.

To be clear - I understand why the car limits regen and what conditions it does it under. My observation is that it is being more aggressive at initiating the restriction than it was before. Does anyone know if there's an API datapoint that can be queried to see when the car is in one of the two limited regen modes (just dashed lines vs. dashed lines and exclamation point)? And does it report battery temp somewhere? If so we could do some actual data extraction to look for the correlation to ambient temps and battery temps and to see if version changes adjusted the trigger. It wouldn't be a big deal to download data from Teslafi to sort this out assuming that data is in there.

Craig