Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the suspension error today, I've been driving with newest update for a couple days now. The car seems to fall asleep a lot more on this update, even when I run into the grocery store the screen by steering wheel is black then has the tesla logo pop up. I'm driving a august 2017 built models s

I just got the suspension error today, I've been driving with newest update for a couple days now. The car seems to fall asleep a lot more on this update, even when I run into the grocery store the screen by steering wheel is black then has the tesla logo pop up. I'm driving a august 2017 built models s
August built when is the question? Do you have AP2.5 hardware? Option code APH3? We suspect the real issue is only for those with the AP2.5 hardware.

The other interesting thing I just realized is that S’s got the increased mirror folding speed (folded mirrors stay until 30 MPH) and X’s don’t. Unless someone got different software than I got.

My X has no notes about that and still unfolds at 10 MPH. Electrek has an article about it and I didn’t believe it for a second. Forgot all about that feature when I got the download.

On the bright side...
EAP Auto Steer seems better under .42.
Not absolutely sure which version this improvement is attributable to.
My car was parked in the garage a few weeks while I was out of town.
Updated to .36 shortly before I left.
Got .40 on 10/16 & .42 yesterday to fix the HomeLink issue.

In any case. I was impressed with EAP’s ability to negotiate curved intersections perfectly.
In the curve depicted below, I fully expected to take control and was pleasantly surprised.
Handled it smoothly.

209ABBEC-EE4A-4B4E-BCAD-DC5EC82CA1E1.jpeg

On the bright side...

In any case. I was impressed with EAP’s ability to negotiate curved intersections perfectly.
In the curve depicted below, I fully expected to take control and was pleasantly surprised.
Handled it smoothly.

View attachment 255496
Excelent! Now if we can just get the/a next release that fixes these issues and doesn’t break anything else!

On the bright side...

Handled it smoothly.

View attachment 255496
I drove through this intersection again to see if it was a fluke.
This time I hit a red light with a vehicle in front of me. (Last time I sailed through a green light with nobody in front of me)
I engaged autopilot about a mile prior to this clip, so TACC had stopped me, and started me up again as the clip begins.
FYI
DashCam footage from my IRO dash cam for Tesla Model S AP2
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model S AP2 | eBay
9156B5E9-9AEC-4D3C-A5AA-E6B8EDD76AE8.jpeg

I think the nice thing about the 17.40 and above is the performance improvements in lower speed and kind of tricky intersections. It seems like it was a long time ago when the car was diving left and right rolling through intersections.

• Informative
Reactions: Turing
Just did a more thorough road test with 2017.42. Freeways...putting air suspension through the paces. Manually raising & lowering...
Monitoring it transitioning to high & then to standard automatically at higher speeds.
Just pulled into the parking lot of the Peet’s Coffee that I frequent and it flawlessly transioned to very high automatically as programmed to avoid scraping underside of front end on high curbs. No error messages. I would have thought it was a trouble free update had I not read about the suspension issue on this forum. I have an AP2 2017 90D Model S.
I wonder if all the suspension issues are with X’s
Anybody have the suspension issue on an AP2 Model S?

I got the message today after some freeway driving (Model S 75D AP 2.5). It cleared after the car was parked for a few hours. On a more positive note, auto pilot on 2017.42 performed better then I’ve ever seen it. It was able to navigate winding side streets that used to cause disengagements.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Just chiming in to say I have a HW 2.5 MS, updated to 17.42 from 17.40, and I got the Air Suspension error/warning message on my first drive; the message cleared when I returned to the car after a 20 minute stop. The error message returned on the next drive, and again cleared after a 15 minute stop. Error returned the next drive, stayed after a ~10 minute drive, but cleared on my subsequent drive a couple of hours later. Appeared again this morning, but did not appear on two drives this afternoon. I think this is similar to a bug reported for the 17.24 update a while back, as I found some old threads when this issue first appeared for me and those seemed to describe this behavior, which allayed my fears a bit. Almost made me think someone transposed the ‘4’ and ‘2’ in the update file (but of course that’s not really what happened). Sorry others are having this issue, but glad it’s only a software bug, not a major hardware malfunction. Hope they fix this asap, as it’s nevertheless disconcerting.

I drove through this intersection again to see if it was a fluke.
This time I hit a red light with a vehicle in front of me. (Last time I sailed through a green light with nobody in front of me)
I engaged autopilot about a mile prior to this clip, so TACC had stopped me, and started me up again as the clip begins.
FYI
DashCam footage from my IRO dash cam for Tesla Model S AP2
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model S AP2 | eBay
View attachment 255540
Those lovely fall colors. What a beauty..

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone and Don TLR